Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Secure Folder

(Topic created on: 10-31-2021 07:42 AM)
DonEmmanuel
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Hi! Galaxy A03s user here. My phone (currently runs on Android 11) doesn't have a built-in Secure Folder. I downloaded the Secure Folder app but it doesn't open. Any ideas how to get it working? I'm a new member, nice to meet y'all!
22 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
On any device with One UI Core, it is rare to get the secure folder feature, depending on some arbitrary hardware requirements. It just so happens that it usually requires a form of Samsung Knox installed. Secure Folder for today's Samsung phones are only made available if already preinstalled, unless specified.

If you're still looking for the features of Secure Folder, you'll have to look elsewhere. The upside of this is that you could find apps or solutions that can be used on any desktop or mobile, which might be valuable.
DonEmmanuel
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
Thank you for your comment, I'll look into it.
SagaOtaku
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
its available on my galaxy A10 device and i check the samsung knox website. all devices including samsung flagships, midrangers and entry levels have the same knox version 3.7 so it should be available to everyone

Screenshot_20211103-064425_Secure Folder.jpg

Screenshot_20211103-064624_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20211103-064417_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
I see. What a shame, now I know A03s really doesn't have Knox, so it's less likely to have a Secure Folder without Samsung's technology.

Some devices, despite having Knox, still don't have Secure Folder either, like the A12, but then they run One UI Core. Perhaps in the future, this observation would change. Still, doesn't hurt to look around for solutions. Like OneDrive's personal vault (premium feature).Screenshot_20211103-085134_Samsung Internet_6477.jpg
0 Likes
SagaOtaku
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
its kinda new so its available soon since Secure folder started during Samsung Galaxy S9 series. according to samsung knox website its unavailable.
0 Likes
SagaOtaku
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
really? because my Galaxy A10 runs in One Ui 3.1 not core.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
And THAT'S the odd part! They bothered putting regular One UI on this budget boi, but put core on the A10s and even the regular galaxy tab a 8.0 2019!
0 Likes
SagaOtaku
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
where in fact im using a galaxy A10. same price during it was launched. 6,990 pesos. knox support is very important for every samsung smartphones since that is samsungs legacy to prevent from malware or viruses. idk samsung knox was a hardware or a software but atleast they put it on new devices. and beware of transacting through mobile bank app. since your phone doesnt have that level of security from samsung.
0 Likes
SagaOtaku
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
even the samsung galaxy s6 that was released on 2015 has a Knox Suppport 2.1
0 Likes