Original topic:

Small Gap between back frame and main body

(Topic created on: 11-10-2021 10:26 PM)
hydrogen94
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hi everyone, I bought a Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G last week and I noticed there's a small gap between the back frame and the body. Other sides/area between the back frame and body are enclosed nicely. Just the side that is near to the camera part has a visible gap but easy to overlook. It bothers me much because this is a IP67 rating phone, anyone has the same problem?
6 Comments
Galaxy A
Send back, still under warranty right?
0 Likes
hydrogen94
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Yes, the thing is, the shop replaced me a new phone last week, and this is the one that had the small gap between the back frame and the body. The previous A52s 5G I got are not enclosed nicely as well, the gap is at the bottom left edge of the phone, you can easily open the gap a little wider with long nails. I was told that there is rubber enclosed together with the back frame but I asked for a replacement anyway the next day I bought it. Few days later, I found out this smaller gap near the camera...
hydrogen94
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
This might have been the flaw in the back frame design itself, bad adhesive? Poor product inspection?
As long as it is resistant to water despite the gap, it's all good but I can't confirm it.
Haffiman
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Sadly Samsung build quality is not what it used to be. Just replaced my 'hot plate' S9 with a A52S 5G and noticed some irregularities similar to yours as well.
hydrogen94
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
It's a shame because it has great UI and some features that I came to love. We willingly paid for Samsung brand but the quality control is disappointing.
Victorz
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I had same issue as your. But, I realized that mine was because of the Samsung Stand Casing? I dunno because when I open it from the casing. I realized there's a gap open. So, I thought maybe the casing is too tight and when open it from it. Causing to become like that. So, I'm still using it with that condition. Just hoping it not drop in any water 😅. About the casing, I had to use other casing like Ringke. But, still I think maybe because of the product quality itself.
0 Likes