Original topic:

Small phone

(Topic created on: 01-22-2023 05:18 PM)
GaryD
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Too bad with all the models of the a series Samsung couldn't build one with similar specs to the a53 but small size like the s10e or even a little bit smaller. 
0 Likes
11 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Isn't that the idea behind the Flip / Fold 4 devices? 

Screenshot_20230122_200854.jpg

GaryD
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Except it folds twice as thick, hear of issues with the crease, and it costs 3 times as much as an a series.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

All your points are very valid! 

I personally wouldn't touch a Flip / Fold device until maybe the 10th version.. In my opinion, Samsung is still testing the design lol 

GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Im with you on the flips and folds, not even a consideration for me, even if they were the same price or cheaper as normal flagships.
GaryD
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
My wife and I both like a smaller phone and I'm sure other people would too. A smaller a series would be a good fit.
pchan0
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
what about the S22? It's even smaller than A53. Samsung Galaxy A53 5G
159.9 x 74.7 x 8.1 mm | 189 g, Samsung Galaxy S22
146 x 70.6 x 7.6mm | 168 g
0 Likes
GaryD
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Yes the s22 is a nice phone and one of the smaller phones available and well speced but again twice the price of an a series.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Possibly, part of the reason why the A53 is larger than the S22, and at a lower cost, is that building a large device, with less costly hardware, does not cost as much as building a more compact device, using more expensive components. Miniaturisation, costs more to make.

I get what you're saying, but I think that what you are looking for is not feasible. 

Samsung isn't likely to accommodate your specific needs, in the way you want. 

0 Likes
GaryD
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Yes, I don't expect to see it happen. But I can still wish.
0 Likes