Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

So guys hear me out!

(Topic created on: 11-17-2022 05:33 AM)
Herobrineee
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Since Samsung announced lately that their new policy about software updates says that there would be 2 major OS update and 4yrs of security update on certain galaxy devices that had been released earlier and for those upcoming devices that would be released in the future. So in my case, I have a Samsung Galaxy A03 that had been released on November 2021 running on Android 11 but it received it's One UI 4.0 update on August this year. Does it mean that my device will be getting another major software update which is One UI 5.0 for the last time or will it receive another major software update after the One UI 5.0 update?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello IcyBugan,

Samsung puts the utmost importance on providing Samsung Galaxy users with the latest mobile experiences possible as long as hardware specifications for upgrades are met and the experience can be optimized.  Samsung Galaxy devices not eligible to receive four generations of One UI upgrades are still supported with up to three generations of One UI upgrades, an improvement over the two generations previously offered.

https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung-galaxy-os-upgrade-one-ui-android-unpacked-2022/ 

Yes, it will receive another major software update after the One UI 5.0 update.

Thanks for your inquiry here.

View solution in context

1 Comment
Solution
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello IcyBugan,

Samsung puts the utmost importance on providing Samsung Galaxy users with the latest mobile experiences possible as long as hardware specifications for upgrades are met and the experience can be optimized.  Samsung Galaxy devices not eligible to receive four generations of One UI upgrades are still supported with up to three generations of One UI upgrades, an improvement over the two generations previously offered.

https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung-galaxy-os-upgrade-one-ui-android-unpacked-2022/ 

Yes, it will receive another major software update after the One UI 5.0 update.

Thanks for your inquiry here.