Original topic:

Status of phones post update

(Topic created on: 06-26-2021 07:05 AM)
kymkimmy
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
I know everyone is experiencing some difficulties since the update....I just tried yo ask Google help why my private pictures are randomly popping up on my phone...now their questioning my device because now I come up as a Linux whatever that is...my phone seems to do whatever it likes now and I really  no longer feel my information is secure....anyone else feeling that way...and yes I'm aware my phone is a item being controlled by programming that I have no real control over
17 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

If your phone is behaving like this, then I'd start by changing all my passwords & probably do a Factory Reset.

Linux is an open source Operating System that's used for many types of hardware, including Android phones. 

kymkimmy
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
This grows old...it's really just recently back from repair when it was preforming much worse but this update has me locked out of system apps...like I've said before I'm no techy...and doing a system reboot every 2 weeks is more commitment then I'm prepared for...I thought this phone was supposed to be easier...hasn't been in the one and a half I've owned it...and yes I've contacted bell...hoping they have a more sense able answer than rebooting to factory every two weeks or sending it in for service...
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, I suggest you to perform a Factory Reset as suggested by RedDogRabbit.

You must back up your personal data prior to the factory reset because otherwise your personal information may be lost.

If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone.

Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card.

From Settings, search for and select Decrypt SD card, and then follow the on-screen prompts.

From Settings, search for and select Factory data reset. Next, tap Factory data reset again and then review the information.

When you are ready, swipe to and tap Reset.

If you have a security lockset on the phone, you will be asked to enter the credentials.

Finally, to delete all information and downloaded apps, tap Delete all. Note: Your phone will reset; when it turns back on, it will start from the initial setup screen.

Thanks for the response RedDogRabbit.

0 Likes
kymkimmy
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Like I said I have only purchased this phone not 2 months ago...doesn't seem secure not from day one...so I've put no information on it...I'll return to bell where it was purchased and let them deal with whatever issues it has ...I've no interest in being a slave to a supposed smart phone
0 Likes
kymkimmy
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
And yes thanks reddog...I've tried to get a real answer from Google and Samsung...everyone must have nothing better to do than reboot to factory...I have a full-time job ...I don't have time to do their jobs...and yes I would be pay to have it done ...I actually thought I had when I purchased the phone
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Your experience is very unfortunate! I've had Samsung Android phones for the last 11 years & never had anything like what happened to you! 

kymkimmy
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I also have only owned Samsung...probably longer...and yes a shame that their only answer is reboot every couple of weeks
0 Likes
kymkimmy
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
And I have no idea weather my card is encrypted...don't give advise to people who obviously just want to open their phone run it...like everyone I know keeps saying isn't it plug and play...never had to do so much to run a phone...what do you guys get paid for
0 Likes
kymkimmy
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Yah you mentioned that lmao
0 Likes