Original topic:

Under screen fingerprint sensor stopped working

(Topic created on: 05-04-2020 11:23 AM)
aren1toross
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hi. I recently updated to Android 10 on my Galaxy A50 and I can not add a fingerprint (i deleted my fingerprints prior because it couldn't read them) when I am trying to add it now it says "Your finger has to cover the whole sensor" or something like that (which it does). Can you help me ? Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
6 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hey @arentoross, 

Please restart your device and check if it solves the issue. If you are still facing the issue, I suggest you to perform a wipe cache partition.

Please note the fingerprint recognition can be affected by a number of conditions. Try each of the following to see if your device is having trouble recognizing your fingerprint. 

• Is your fingerprint sensor damaged? Check that the sensor isn't scratched or damaged.
  • Are you using a screen protector? unoffical, scratched or dirty screen protectors may cause the fingerprint sensor to malfunction. Try removing or cleaning the screen protector.
  • Are your fingertips bent? The fingerprint sensor works best when covered by your entire fingerprint.
  • Are your fingertips scarred? Scar tissue and wrinkles can change your fingerprint. You may have to remove and then register your fingerprint again.
0 Likes
aren1toross
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
sorry for the late reply but restarting worked
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
I get the calibration message too. I had a fingerprint registered before the Android 10 upgrade. It still works, but I get the message if I try changing something in the Biometrics settings.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
I would start with Removing all of your Finger Prints & Re-Register them - See if this Resolves the issue for you - This SHOULD fix the problem as long as there's no hardware issues.

FWIW - I ALWAYS backup my device with Smart Switch & Factory Reset after EVERY Android Version Update.
0 Likes
aren1toross
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
sorry for the late reply restarting worked
0 Likes
aren1toross
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
sorry for the late reply restarting worked
0 Likes