Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Vanilla Android 12 for Galaxy Smartphones

(Topic created on: 09-14-2021 09:27 PM)
FordAegan
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
DOES ANYONE NOT REALIZE THAT GOOGLE TAILORED ANDROID 12 TO LITERALLY FAVOR ONE UI AND RUN ON GALAXY DEVICES BY DEFAULT?
18 Comments
FordAegan
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Compare the likeness of vanilla android 12 to one ui. Its almost identical to samsung's vision. At least make a theme on the galaxy store for vanilla while one ui is set on default so the user got choices
0 Likes
maxq1
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
On one hand this should work & I'm all for it. On another though we should give Sammy some props for innovating. IIRC Sammy started off the multi window and PiP thingies. Back then it was thought of as gimmicky. It's now integrated into Android. Ditto on game launcher/booster. Now gaming phones have equivalent apps & I think I read that A12 will have a gaming mode built-in. So whatever improvements we see on Android, it's not all Google. And that's the beauty of the OS. LOS on my S21U w/ Sammy cams gives me wet dreams though 😆
0 Likes
FordAegan
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Well i forgot to say that we should always give sammy for forcing vanilla to innovate. Maybe its better to have a vanilla-one you ui combination. Who knows? Cause its annoying how Android has multi user support from android 7 but Samsung didn't apply it till now. That's probably the big reason ill consider switching to pixel. Multi user support for one ui as default.
0 Likes
maxq1
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I agree on the multi user function. Sammy can get stubborn on some stuff. Hate that you can't natively use icon packs from the play store on one ui 😡

Hopefully the Pixel 6 will change the game moving forward 👍
0 Likes
FordAegan
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Hate the fact that you don't have scrolling app drawer. Or custom icon shapes, your just stuck in what you got. Its annoying how they are like ios and add features to compensate to other crucial features they don't add
0 Likes
maxq1
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
You can always use another launcher for what we're hating on but I'm more comfy using gestures. Any third party launcher doesn't do well with that though. This is on Google already & not on Sammy's. We have options at least, unlike with iOS
0 Likes
FordAegan
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Well i mean... Implementing it in the one ui home by default or at least at the home up module so i don't need to install a third party launcher.
0 Likes
maxq1
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Yep, wish those too in one ui
0 Likes
karlos_
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
You can do it using themepark.
0 Likes