Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Weird tint on Galaxy A71 screen display

(Topic created on: 11-30-2020 06:57 PM)
MJReyes20
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Am i the only A71 user here who is experiencing this kind of a brownish or pale tint on top of the display color? Worse part is it keeps on flickering and i keep on getting worried that the screen is actually already malfunctioning. This has happened before when i woke up one day and noticed that something is wrong with the display color. It went back to normal for a time then the problem persisted just very recently and it's constantly doing it now. Tried toggling display settings, turning on safe mode, and restarting a lot of times. I just came to a conclusion that it is a hardware problem, or a software problem that needs attention from Samsung. I have had this phone for less than a year but i have already went through battery problems as well as this display problem, which is really disappointing given that i am very careful in handling my phones (my Galaxy J7 2016 is still in a very good working condition). I do not want to go through the trouble of having this phone repaired in a service center and getting it dented.

This felt like a rant but let me know if you are an A71 user too and have experienced the same problem.

(Provided a photo below, the screen should be pitch black in dark mode but it appears to be brownish)

23 Comments
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Oh no! That's awful. I feel sorry for you. I hope Samsung will notice this post.
ski091211
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
my note8 is like that too. almost 3 months noe
Zyx
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
i also have the same problem
prayerJen
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Im experiencing the same.. i noticed it yesterday.. tried re starting several times... but nothing change...
squalldna
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I have the same problem. Did you ever fix the issue? Same phone, same senario. As if the amoled screen where black should be really black aint working.
MJReyes20
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Fixed the issue by having it fixed by samsung's service center. It's an LCD problem, may have been caused by dropping the phone or it being stepped/sit on. The LCD of newer models of samsung is really vulnerable....
squalldna
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
That's f'd up. I lost warranty last MAY 2021.. I didn't even drop the phone, or get it wet.. are you still under warranty?
MJReyes20
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I had it repaired at the very last month of my warranty period, which was lucky on my part. It's really disappointing on Samsung's part. LCD replacement is very expensive if it's through their service center. I suggest you search youtube on alternative ways that it can be fixed, or try local service shops if you cant afford samsung's service center fees.
squalldna
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
That's crazy! And very unfortunate for me. I hope there's a work-around i can find in youtube.
And yes, that's very disappointing, i bought this device believing that it will be that durable.. i was expecting to use this with no hardware issue for the last 3 years.. sorry for ranting this. As of writing this comment the color just magically came back to normal.