Original topic:

Why A73 takes very low resolution outdoor photos???

(Topic created on: 11-27-2022 09:50 AM)
icylamb
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

20221126_152828.jpg

Hi everyone, not sure if anyone has same problem as I have. I recently upgraded to an A73 phone from an old 9 plus & was told it has the best camera so far. To be be honest, it takes better photo in close-up mode but when I'm outdoor with my kids, the photos look horrible. Photo quality is the worst I've ever seen as it's very grainy due to low resolution. I attach one of them here & quality is no where near my old 9 plus in term of quality.

Is this the camera faulty or is there any settings to improve this? I'm so disappointed as I'm out with my kids all the time & take plenty photos of them but since I upgraded my phone, I'm unable to take good photos of them anymore.

0 Likes
3 Comments
uchetia
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Try using the 108mp mode
0 Likes
icylamb
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Thanks but it means its only 4:3 not full size. I like wide angle for landscape picture. What a shame! I should have paid a bit more for better version or even go for iPhone if I knew A73 camera is that bad. This is probably my last Samsung phone.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
4:3 is actually the full sensor so it is the full size image the camera produces. If you're shooting "Full" or 16:9, you are sacrificing resolution since phone sensors are 4:3 unlike traditional cameras which was 3:2.

The A73 cameras takes decent photos from what I've tested. I've attached some foodie example below using my friends A73 🙂
It's a decent performer in in daylight and dimmer condition. In lowlight, the S22 Ultra is still the king 🤴 🙌

Main thing is to aim to use your primary camera as much as possible since its the best performer and by far much better than the Tele-Cameras.

For these shots, I shot in Pro and Portrait in softly lit environment to allow the cameras to stay at lower ISO.
S2 Thai Port - August 2021-43_9151_1630634760.jpgS2 Thai Port - August 2021-36_9153_1630634792.jpg