Original topic:

Why isn't my galaxy a32 5g getting updates???

(Topic created on: 05-24-2022 07:33 PM)
someonewhoexists
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
I recently got the sm-a326w and it hasn't received an update since March, when supposedly all the other models of galaxy a32 5g have android 12 by this point so I'm wondering why my specific model hasn't received anything 
18 Comments
Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy A

Hey there my guy! Wow, so yeah, got some bad news for ya. See, the phone you got here has what Samsung calls "quarterly security updates", so you gotta wait 3 months. Tough luck my guy, but don't worry because that means there should be something new very soon!

0 Likes
Galaxy A
**bleep** alright
0 Likes
samy2022
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Hello, is your latest update rolled out the february 23 ?? what is your operator ? Telus has rolled out 12 update with may security update may 10
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Bell, but the phone is unlocked so that shouldn't make a difference iirc, and the last patch was on March 3rd
samy2022
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
I wouldn't say anything false because I don't know anything of unlocked phones so if you can wait a most experienced pearson you will get a better answer
Sorry
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Ah okay
Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy A

Hey there again, my guy! So yeah, I made some more reasearch for you, friend, and guess what?  Here, operators do not matter for updates! As long as you bought it here, the operator will not matter for updates and dates! Yeah!

0 Likes
Galaxy A
Yeah I figured it was all samsung, in which case idk why my specific model isn't getting the update while almost every other country has at this point
0 Likes
Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy A

Oh hey, I know that! Well, my guy, these things work by model and Canada has one just for us! Lucky! Except it's not lucky because, you know, we get updates not at the same time as the others. Major bummer dude. But then I saw that if you feel adventurous, you could install it yourself with this nice new thing called Odin, but it is a bit risky so you better wait, alright? Plus, there's not so much interesting stuff worth risking your stuff for, right? Right!

0 Likes