Original topic:

Why isn't my galaxy a32 5g getting updates???

(Topic created on: 05-25-2022 11:01 AM)
someonewhoexists
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
I recently got the sm-a326w and it hasn't received an update since March, when supposedly all the other models of galaxy a32 5g have android 12 by this point so I'm wondering why my specific model hasn't received anything 
18 Comments
Galaxy A
Oh believe me I know about odin, it's just that there is literally no android 12 based images to flash for this model
0 Likes
Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy A

Well, there is actually, my guy! You can use the American model! Awesome! It is available to download right now, if you want to use Odin! The model is SM-A326U, wow! And it says here the version is A326USQU7BVD1/A326UOYN7BVD1/A326USQU7BVD1. So. Cool. Dude. Plus I read that american and canada models are practically the same here so awesome!

0 Likes
Galaxy A
Idk man, last time I tried it errored out with something involving the region but maybe things have changed since last time I used odin
0 Likes
Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy A

Ah yeah, I get it, my guy. It's so risky sometimes to do that kinda stuff, you know what I mean? Alright, so you just gotta make a choice on your own, I cannot do that for you! I mean, I could if I had your phone so maybe, but I don't right? So yeah, I cannot force you to do anything but I wanna help either way. Awesome!

0 Likes
Galaxy A
I'll give it a shot, I'm fairly experienced with flashing android devices so
0 Likes
Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy A

Cool! So cool, my guy! Alright, you tell me if it goes well, okay! So exciting!

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

If you want to Flash the CORRECT US Firmware on a Canadian device, then you can't use the "regular" version of Odin, you have to use Patched Odin, otherwise the Flash will fail. 

"practically the same" is not good enough, the hardware has to be IDENTICAL. 

In Settings > About Phone >Status Information, Scroll down a bit & does it say "Official"? 

Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy A

Dude, you are like so stuck up against me, like chill. Of course it is IDENTICAL, as you say it. That is what the a32 5g is in both canada and america. Ugh, read up a little or something. Why you so angry against me?

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Odin is not "a nice new thing", but an "expert" would know that... 

It's a Samsung Tool that has been around for more than a decade.

It's only "risky", if you don't know what you're doing.