cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Will my Samsung a04s be damaged if I use a 18w charger?

(Topic created on: 03-28-2023 02:38 AM)
leemao5
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
I forgot to bring my charger and the only charger my mom has at the moment is an 18w charger with the brand "Bavin" on it. And I'm at 44% right now, will my phone be damaged from it just cuz I'm gonna use a different charger? Technically my original charger is 15w soo, is that ok?
0 Likes
3 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hello leema05,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in order to find out whether it's alright to use the 18w charger on your Samsung Galaxy A04s with 15W wired charging. 

Your device has made up Lithium Polymer battery, that is rechargeable battery of lithium-ion technology using a polymer electrolyte instead of a liquid electrolyte. These batteries provide higher specific energy than other lithium battery types and are used in applications where weight is a critical feature, such as mobile devices, radio-controlled aircraft and some electric vehicles.

No, it will not damage your phone but we highly recommend use an authentic Samsung charging cable and plug next time.

0 Likes
Galaxy A
No, as phones now a days have the ability to detect the needed amount of energy it just needs. It will even stop charging when it reaches 100% to protect itself. 😊
dennisdls
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
It will not damage your phone but I would make sure that you are using an original adaptor and cable when charging you device as well.
0 Likes