Original topic:

Battery drain when in sleep mode

(Topic created on: 05-11-2022 02:06 PM)
andresperalta86
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Books
Since yesterday I've seen both my galaxy books drain lots of battery even when not in use (sleep mode) and when i look to the detailed information, it tells me that the "Windows DefaultLock Screen" takes 94% of the drain at that time, i charged 100% at noon and stop using it, and now at 5 pm is 60% of the battery, which means that in 4 hours 40% has been drained only in sleeping mode (Galaxy book2 pro 360) and in my Galaxy book it drained 55%.

What is happening?
8 Comments
Galaxy Books
This is the detail20220511_170539_40100_1652303141.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy Books
I've heard a lot of people said sleep mode drain battery in Windows 10. Sure this is not Sansung laptop problem. It does on Asus, Lenovo, **bleep** as well.
0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi, If your battery just isn't lasting as long as it should, you may need to perform a battery calibration. Step1: Close any programs that are in use.

•Save any work you may be doing, and then close all running programs or applications. Step2: Disconnect the AC Adapter.

•Smart Battery Calibration will not run when the AC adapter is connected. Step3: Restart and run Samsung BIOS configuration.

•Restart the PC, and then press F2 when the SAMSUNG logo appears. This will start the Samsung BIOS Configuration. Step4: Run the Smart Battery Calibration.

•Click Advanced on the left-side menu, and then double-click on Smart Battery Calibration on the right-side menu. The battery will be discharged by the PC.

•The process may take up to 5 hours depending on the capacity and remaining battery life. To cancel the operation, press the ESC key. Step5: Charge the battery.

•After the battery has been completely discharged, connect the AC adapter to your PC and charge the battery. You can use the PC while the battery charges, or leave it off until fully charged.

0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi, If your battery just isn't lasting as long as it should, you may need to perform a battery calibration. Step1: Close any programs that are in use.

•Save any work you may be doing, and then close all running programs or applications. Step2: Disconnect the AC Adapter.

•Smart Battery Calibration will not run when the AC adapter is connected. Step3: Restart and run Samsung BIOS configuration.

•Restart the PC, and then press F2 when the SAMSUNG logo appears. This will start the Samsung BIOS Configuration. Step4: Run the Smart Battery Calibration.

•Click Advanced on the left-side menu, and then double-click on Smart Battery Calibration on the right-side menu. The battery will be discharged by the PC.

•The process may take up to 5 hours depending on the capacity and remaining battery life. To cancel the operation, press the ESC key. Step5: Charge the battery.

•After the battery has been completely discharged, connect the AC adapter to your PC and charge the battery. You can use the PC while the battery charges, or leave it off until fully charged.

Gesil
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Books

It is not a battery callibration issue. It keeps draining the battery and heating when in sleep mode, everytime and fast.

Can't find a way with configurations to help in this too.

jesse1751
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Books

This same thing is happening to me as well.  I did the bios battery drain thing twice.  It shouldn’t be loosing power while in stand by / sleep.  Anyone have any solutions? 

DUDUCHE
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Books

Galaxy book3 ultra 16 the battery discharges at high speed, I don't understand why.
I tried in "long sleep" mode in the evening and the next morning there was no more battery, I have to recharge the PC to be able to work, it's really a problem!

jiiij
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books

I have the same problem with book3 i7 arc a350m 😕

0 Likes