Original topic:

Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360 13" Wifi Issues with the intel AX211 Wifi Card using a WIFI 6 router

(Topic created on: 06-02-2022 07:19 PM)
jnsmith79
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Books

I purchased a 2022 model of the Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360 in the 13.3 inch variant.  I had horrible issues with the WIFI.  The signal was all over the place while staying in one spot (about 30 feet from the router).  My internet speeds were between 5-50 download and same upload.  It would drop wifi constantly.  I returned the laptop to the store assuming it had a bad wifi that missed quality control.  I got the same laptop as a replacement.  I had the same issues with the new laptop, but not quite as bad.  Even sitting with the laptop within inches of the router the download speed was ok (400 on a 500/500 fiber connection) but the upload speed was still only 100 or so.  Back in the living room less than 30 feet away from the router I was getting slow and erratic connection speeds/issues with it dropping.  

My wifi router is relatively new and an AX5400 router with 160 ghz.  I updated the firmware on the galaxy book and the router, I ensured 2.4 and 5 ghz bands were split so I wasn't connecting to a slower 2.4 ghz connection.  My 7 year old samsung laptop sitting in the same place gets a 450/450 speed test and doesn't drop video conferences like the galaxy 360 did.  

I contacted support who had told me to re-install windows.  When I informed them I had done that they suggested sending it in for repair, but I don't think this is an issue with just one laptop, I think it is a driver or hardware issue.  I had literally been up all night working on it for 12 hours.  I'm not super familiar with windows 11, but prior versions I supported as a PC Tech and I'm a software analyst.. so I knew a few tricks and know how to google.  It appears intel's AX wifi chips have some issues.  I am typing this on a Surface Laptop 4, and it has an older version of the chip AX200.  Download speed is OK but upload speed is around 150, while my wifi 6 connected phones do 450 to 500 up/down in the same location.  This chip doesn't drop the connection though and the signal stays strong, but still disappointed in this chip as well but I do not drop conferences on the Surface Laptop 4. 

I'm hoping this is a known issue that has a fix?  I tried both installing new drivers from Samsung and Intel and reverting back to old drivers, re-installing windows, making it connect on AC instead of AX and the issue persisted. 

I returned the second laptop as well... but it is a REALLY nice laptop and I want to make it work, I just need the wifi issues fixed.  Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?  My 12 hours of searching, and about an hour of it again today, has yielded nothing. 

Router is an ASUS "gaming" router - RT-AX82U.  I tried changing channels, etc., but nothing seemed to work.  I don't think it is the router unless this particular wifi chip doesn't work with my particular router as all my other phones and other laptops all get full network connection and do not drop calls/conferences, etc.  Working from home I need to be able to use Teams all day and wasn't able to from the wifi issues.  I even looked into finding an external usbc wifi adapter to use until the issue gets solved, but I couldn't find one!

17 Comments
Galaxy Books
Can you try disable IPv6 on your Asus router? Then try again on WiFi connectivity.
0 Likes
FedorTech
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Books

Why disable IPv6?

0 Likes
Axton
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi, we request you to get the laptop examined by the Samsung authorized service technician so that they can determine the root cause of the issue and fix it. 
Please visit the below link to know the nearest Samsung Service center.
https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

0 Likes
FedorTech
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Books

I'm having similar issue on Book 2 360 Pro 15". I'm using Orbi mesh RBR850 with 2 RBS's. Seeing Wifi speeds 300-350mbps, but normally should be seeing much higher speeds at least double. I have 1.2Gpbs plan with Xfinity. I've tested on three different sites and also tested my other devices and not seeing any issues so I know it's just this laptop. 

Jaz77
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Books

Bought a galaxy book 2 six months ago and I'm experiencing the same problem. Were you able to solve the problem you were having?

0 Likes
Splicer
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Books

Hello , i have bought also Book 2 360 Pro. sometimes the wifi goes good but mostly it is very slow...  

starboy77
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Books

I am having the exact same issue but it somehow got exacerbated with a recent update. I have a Surface pro sitting in the exact same location and I am getting 770/540 upload/download speeds and on my Samsung book 2 pro I am getting 170/60 speeds. I have tried connecting directly to a router using cat5 and I am still having the same issue. 

This is very disappointing. Has anyone found a solution to this?

AngeloSpadaro
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Books

I have the same problem with my Samsung book2 bussiness. Is there a already a solution?

0 Likes
davej0355
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Books

I have the same problem with my PC and frankly just using gmail for a pc of this spec and getting these problems is crazy - if anyone can point me to how to resolve would be much appreciated - not sure how to get this into Samsung for support ticket - thanks

0 Likes