Original topic:

Galaxy Book Flex - Exploring

(Topic created on: 06-06-2020 05:03 PM)
Tallman
Options
Galaxy Books
Hello all,

Yesterday, many of you already know I received the Samsung Galaxy Book Flex. Today, I can give more detail about this laptop.

I purchased the 15.6" / i7 / 16GB RAM / 512GB Storage. Why buying this model? Because this is the only top model. If go for 13.3", CPU, RAM and storage will half size smaller.

Different countries have different specifications and extra gifts. Unfortunately, no gift for Canada.
As I know, Korea comes with a Samsung bluetooth mouse, SPen tips and tool, type-c to type-A converter...etc. Asia Book Flex can have 1TB internal storage. However, US and Canada only have 512GB max storage. Luckily, We have 16GB RAM version, I heard US only have 12GB RAM version. I don't know why Samsung have their products differently in different countries. Marketing? Maybe...

Ok, here it is, speechless, beautiful screen. Fast boot up.

I did setup the finger print for security, it is so smooth. 

Then, play around with some features and try to set it up for my daily job. Like Outdoor mode and using my Note10+ as a hotspot. All goes well with 1 shot setup.

Before outdoor mode, you can see the screen reflection. After enable outdoor mode, the situation improved, still has a little reflection, but I can live with it.

Connected to my Note10+, no issue.

Samsung native apps

Samsung Notes all sync to my laptop now. 😁

Some other cool features, Auto booting. If you hibernate or shut down the laptop.Just open the lid, computer will turn on and boot. No need to press power button.

For the battery usage, will test it out. But I noticed that the hour left estimation is not accurate. what I mean is if I open up programs, use explorer, use MS Word, the hour remaining kept changing, sometimes 11hrs left, sometime 7 hrs 30 mins left, suddenly went back to 9 hrs 20 mins...etc.

For interesting thing that I discovered, laptop SPen and Note10+ SPen can use on both devices. I didn't even connect my Note 10+ Spen to the laptop, but I can write, control and draw on laptop. If I pull laptop SPen out, no need to pair Note 10+, the laptop SPen can write on Note10+ too. 🤔
😅😁

What I don't like

1. Power adapter - the design is too large. I think Samsung can do it a little better. Can't plug more stuff on both sides. I prefer they use the traditional laptop adapter instead.

2. Only 13.3" and 15.6" to choose from. Hoping 13.3"/ i7 / 16GB RAM / I TB

3. All models around the world is Win10 Home, need to pay extra for Pro version. 

Long post here. Thank you for reading. 🙂

Will buy some external gear and use it for about a week, then post about how I feel about this laptop in production. 😉

Have a good weekend everyone!
8 Comments
Galaxy Books
nice review!! this is good for your profession... and that QLED Screen!!! hehe netflix on breaktime lol.. enjoy..
Galaxy Books
Yeah, I am not looking for gaming. This laptop really good for me when open tons of Excel / Words and Outlook. I need RDC to connect to servers as well, so I may install 1 or 2 virtual machinces in this laptop since I have 16GB memory with 4 cores CPU. 😀

Also, I am a road warrior, charging my phone on mouse pad is a bonus for me and everyone who is travelling a lot.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Books
"i7" isn't really a spec lol. Which CPU is it?
It's a shame they don't do like other PC OEMs and offer everything everywhere and just ship when/where needed. Dell PCs are mostly built when you order, for example.

Oh, and the Flex is 450$ off on Samsung US. "We get the worst promotions..."
Anyway, enjoy! That's a great, bright screen with wide colour gamut.
Galaxy Books
Thanks for your opinion. I just want to try something different.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Books
I didn't post an opinion. I didn't comment on the device itself. I just criticized how the product distribution was handled. Personally I think that's a great choice you made. It looks awesome (blue!!!! not a knockoff of a blue, a real, majestic blue!), has plenty of cool and unique features (Bluetooth S-Pen, DCI-P3 100% 600 nits 4K QLED), an unique design, state of the art comms (WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5) and everything else you'd expect at this price range (Iris Plus graphics with eDRAM, Project Athena, light...)

I'd probably buy one if I didn't need something beefier. It MUST run Cities Skylines, and run Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom at acceptable speeds. It could probably manage the latter, but certainly not the former
0 Likes
Galaxy Books
This is not the first day you know them. As I have said in this post, I have no idea how they distribute their products in different countries. Asia has better options, but reaching Western, everything is different and not much choice.
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Books
I really want one.

My current laptop is only 2 years old but kind of crap :(

I love this laptop has good speakers, battery life, and display. But I REALLY hope that the 2021 version has dedicated graphics, that's the deal breaker for me.
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi @Tallman,

Thank you very much for sharing your initial experience with the Samsung Galaxy Book Flex and good to know that you like most of its features.