Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro 360 not restarting

(Topic created on: 02-11-2022 03:54 PM)
Mathias92
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi. I bought a Samsung galaxy book pro 360 (13.3”/16GB/512SSD) on Wednesday and the first thing I noticed was that it either would restart or shut down. I had to physically hold the power button for some seconds for it to force shut down. Powering on was not a problem. I did a factory reset to it but then it got worse. When trying to upgrade to windows 11 the screen just got frozen when restarting and I had to force restart it again, and that caused just the laptop to go back to windows 10. Now I can’t upgrade to Windows 11 and I’m not able to shut it down or restart it. Otherwise everything else seems to work properly. Is that a common issue?

0 Likes
6 Comments
Galaxy Books

You said you can't shut down. Do you mean when you 1 click on power button, the Windows 10 not shutting down? I need to make sure how your laptop not shut down. You can shutdown by clicking Windows start button --> Power icon (just right above start button) --> Shutdown or restart.

0 Likes
Mathias92
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Books

I mean that when I click on Windows -> Restart/Shutdown or press the power button the laptop goes to restart/shutting down screen with the bubbles spinning around and nothing more happens. It could stay there forever if I don’t force restart it. And that makes it also impossible to upgrade to Windows 11 since the laptop is not able to restart properly.

0 Likes
Galaxy Books
Try the following:

Click Windows button → Settings → Update & security → Recovery

Choose Reset this PC
0 Likes
Mathias92
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Books

I have already done that. Nothing seems to help. The PC freezes again when trying to restart or shutdown and it can’t upgrade to Windows 11. 

0 Likes
Galaxy Books
Okay, try the following commands:

Click Start button, on search field type cmd, one right click on cmd, click run as administrator.

In command prompt, run the following command:

sfc /scannow

Windows will try to fix itself if there is any corrupt system files.
0 Likes
Reynaud
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi Mathias,  please follow the steps provided by Tallman, thank you Tallman.

0 Likes