Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro 360 Problem**

(Topic created on: 08-19-2021 04:34 PM)
NasJiJi
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Books
Hey guys,
I have the galaxy book pro 360 it's only been like 2 months.
currently having 2 major and consistent issues;
1) the screen glitches, distorts color and screen
2) the entire screen goes black!!
I've tried contacting customer services MANY MANY times...they're literally either ignoring, or have no idea. when I call, I've been hung up on 3 times!
I literally only use device for academic purposes.
Any clues why it's doing this and what I should do?
Thank you 
34 Comments
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi NasJiJi, Please try the below steps and get back to us with the results.

1. In some cases, some Intel drivers may install from Windows Update which allows the Panel Self Refresh function on devices that do not actually support the feature. So when the feature is turned on, the panel is blank.

To turn off the feature, right-click the desktop, and then click Intel Graphics Settings > Power > Battery, and change the Panel Self Refresh option to Disable. Click Apply to confirm the setting.

2. Depending on your settings, any external devices or docks may be configured to make the main screen blank when in use. Disconnect them to confirm if this is the case.

3. Press Ctrl + Win + Shift + B. The screen may flicker as the video driver is reset.

4. Press and hold the power button until all the power and activity lights are off. Keep holding the button until the PC starts to boot. You may have to hold the button for 30 seconds or more.

NasJiJi
Active Level 6
Galaxy Books
thank you! I follower the steps you gave. If the issue happens again I will update my post.
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi, If you found a solution to your query please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes
NasJiJi
Active Level 6
Galaxy Books
will do. First I'm going to give it some time to see if the issue arises again. Thank you again:)
NasJiJi
Active Level 6
Galaxy Books
sorry forgot to keep you updated. unfortunately the issue continued the following day, I had to completely replace the laptop :(
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi NaJiJi, please try the below steps and get back to us with the results.

1. Using Windows Update or Samsung update, check for updates to the drivers for your device and install them.

2. You can also adjust the refresh rate.

Right-click the desktop and select Display Settings. Then, scroll down and click Advanced display settings. If the refresh rate listed does not match the maximum native refresh rate of the device, click Display adapter properties, then select the Monitor tab, and adjust the refresh rate to the maximum supported by the monitor.

0 Likes
Stu204
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books

None of these suggestions are helpful or beneficial. They're stalling and wasting as much time as possible so they can tell you that 15 days have passed and they'll try and refuse to replace the laptop or refund you. This way they can force you into waiting for an unspecified amount of time to get it "repaired" but they're waiting on parts, have no idea of when the parts will arrive, when you'll receive the laptop back, and leave you without access to the laptop you've paid for.

They've been knowingly sending customers to local repair shops that aren't authorized to work on laptops in efforts to delay access to service or resolution. 

They had me hold down the power key for over 10 minutes without the laptop restarting from the forced restart.

If you have this laptop and issue, send it back ASAP and get a refund, otherwise you can end up like me, 16 days and counting waiting for access to a resolution.  The staff are extremely rude, insulting, and prone to "accidentally" hanging up on you.

If you're thinking of buying a Samsung product, don't do it. Worst service ever.

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi, Could you please tell us the service ticket number?

0 Likes
Stu204
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books

4161542859, I've responded to this question multiple times, but it doesn't stay on.

0 Likes