Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro 360 Problem**

(Topic created on: 08-01-2021 12:28 PM)
NasJiJi
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Books
Hey guys,
I have the galaxy book pro 360 it's only been like 2 months.
currently having 2 major and consistent issues;
1) the screen glitches, distorts color and screen
2) the entire screen goes black!!
I've tried contacting customer services MANY MANY times...they're literally either ignoring, or have no idea. when I call, I've been hung up on 3 times!
I literally only use device for academic purposes.
Any clues why it's doing this and what I should do?
Thank you 
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi, Please check the direct message I sent you by following the below instructions and reply to us with the requested information.

Log in to the web version of Samsung Members community Canada (Link: https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/community/ct-p/ca-community ) and click on the Message icon at the top right(Samsung Members) >> Inbox >> Reply to the DM(Direct Message).

0 Likes
Ramzo358
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Books

I just sent mine in for this exact problem and they sent it back with no problems found. I bought it off of eBay, so I'm hoping to get it resolved.🤦

Stu204
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books
Hopefully you returned it to ebay, never got notified of this reply.

I had to talk directly with the hardware repair shop, because after explaining the problem throughly to Samsung 50 times, the information was never communicated to the repair shop. They contacted me directly to inquire as to why it was in the repair shop.

They were only running diagnostic & software testing at the repair shop so they told me everything was fine, but that's because they weren't checking the hardware or alerted to the problem.

After I emailed them video of the problem, as well as pointed out to them the information about the known hardware issue with the fingerprint scanner, they finally ordered the part & fixed it.

They expect everyone to just take it & be stuck with broken, defective products that don't work. They go out of their way to waste as much time of yours as possible to make you suffer & pay, for daring to make them be accountable to fix their broken & defective products.

It is a fight, so anyone who buys directly from a business should just return for a refund whenever possible. Don't buy it in the first place, but if you're stuck with one, keep fighting & make them fix it. Their staff are getting paid regardless if you call or not, so they don't care & are completely powerless & useless to do anything anyway.

If the 'repair shop' emails you, get them to call you directly about the issues. Make sure you've got a recording of the problems that you can email them upon request.

Good luck & hopefully it worked out.
0 Likes
SarahA1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Books

I wish i had researched more or stumbled on this post before purchasing mine. I am now in the same boat with you. Stuck with this laptop! It has many great features but the screen going blank every time is a pain and time waster!

Don't buy it. There are cheaper and better laptops out there. Dell is one of them

Stu204
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books
It should be under warranty still hopefully. Technical support is a joke and all they can do is get you to reinstall the software while wasting your time. It's a known hardware issue that requires replacement. Mine had to do with the fingerprint scanner being defective & needed replacement.

Keep fighting with customer support to have it sent in & replaced. Mine was in height of covid19 & supply chain disruption as well as shipping delays, so took several months without my laptop before it was replaced. However after replacement, now works fine without issue.

I'm never buying another Samsung product again ever after this experience & horrible treatment of customers.
0 Likes
Sami333
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Books

Did samsung do it for free? 

0 Likes
NasJiJi
Active Level 6
Galaxy Books
I wanted to also add that these issues occur more frequently when I'm multitasking
0 Likes
Stu204
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books

I'm also using my Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 for academic purposes and I've had the exact same issue. I've had the run around from "technical support", they offered the same steps as was offered to you here, with zero success. I've had extremely terrible service and I'm now in the middle of midterms for this first semester. 

They promised it would be 5 days but it took them 5 days just to send me the box to send it off to a repair shop. This is after "technical support" sent me to a local repair shop that is authorized to only work on cell phones. I showed the 6 videos I took of the issue from the night before while I was in the middle of typing and the laptop keeps shutting down and locking me out.

At the local shop they knew from other customers with the same issue that had been sent there, that it's some hardware issue causing this, as Samsung technical support keeps sending laptop customers to them, when they're not allowed to deal with the issue.

Now I'm getting jerked around by Samsung who sent my laptop to a repair shop and didn't even provide this shop with any information about the issue, they had me factory reset the laptop before sending it back, making it even harder for the repair shop to figure out what the issue is.

It's been over two weeks now and I'm extremely frustrated as this is causing extreme difficulty with my ability to be in school, do my papers, assignments, exams, and the rest.

I've spent $10,000.00 on Samsung products, from phones, tablets, accessories, watches, and this pile of garbage laptop. I'll never buy another Samsung product ever again after this ordeal.

Samsung doesn't care that they're putting me in risk of losing my education, my future, and financial risk of being forced out of school and responsible to pay back thousands in student debt, all because they won't deal with this problem and stop wasting time.

Shouldn't have to fight with them to do their job.

NasJiJi
Active Level 6
Galaxy Books
I encounter the screen issue since day 1 and the final resolve was replacing it, which took forever. Sadly, the new replacement started having the same issue within like 3 days. Figured this must be a tech/hardware issue that samsung really needs to fix. I don't have time to play pattycake with customer service and replace laptop every week. I ended up just returning it and choosing a different brand laptop....So far, no issues. Could be that the galaxy book pros were just not completely ready for release, who knows.
Stu204
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books

You're fortunate that you could return it. I've been treated horrible by Samsung support staff, and as my laptop sits in the repair shop currently still, there is no information on how long it will take to get the part, repaired or returned to me. I've asked for a replacement or refund by Samsung refuses.

Terrible service and treatment of their customers. 

0 Likes