Original topic:

Galaxy Book S Keyboard Backlight

(Topic created on: 05-24-2021 01:37 PM)
SeenIzax
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Books

I can't get my keyboard backlight to stay on at all. I toggle through the Fn+F9 key and it will go through the levels of brightness, but then turns the backlight off altogether. I've tried this in a completely dark room, and the light still turns off after a few seconds. 

I have Samsung settings installed and running, but there are no options for the keyboard backlight. I've also tried a replacement device. It's a Samsung Galaxy Book S purchased from Verizon. I'm hoping someone could help me. 

10 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi, Please could you try to restart your system and try toggle through the Fn+F9 key.

0 Likes
dragonsdreams
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Books

That is NOT answer. The sensor is not calibrated properly!

0 Likes
Galaxy Books

Have you try extend the backlight for longer time?Screenshot_2021-05-23-10-25-33.png

0 Likes
elvisch
Active Level 4
Galaxy Books
Cool features
0 Likes
Gemini
Active Level 7
Galaxy Books
@Seenlzax I thought I had the same problem with my Galaxy Book Ion, but then I noticed it has a photo sensor so the keyboard backlight only stays on in a darker setting
0 Likes
baij_patel
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Books

I have exactly the same issue.  The photo sensor for the keyboard is on the bottom right corner of the display in the black bezel just below and to the right of the date and time field in Windows 10.  Hold your finger over it to see the keyboard light up.  I've had to resort to putting a sticker over the sensor to fool it into thinking it's dark so the keyboard backlight will stay on otherwise it literally never comes on! I think you must have to be typing in total darkness for it to come on otherwise!

aLEXsOA
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Books

Has anybody found an answer to how to disable the sensor from the system? I have the same issue but don't want to put a sticker to solve it.

0 Likes
P2A
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Books

Hi, same problem here. Galaxy Book S 13 backlight light sensor does not work at dim light. Baklight works only at completely dark.

Help, please!

Ragonog
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books

C'mon Samsung That is such an easy fix..... just put the option to disable the sensor whenever we want... It's ridiculous to have to rely on the judgement of the sensor... I want to see my keys better, or the beautiful green light of the keyboard but I cant because the devices decides that it's bright enough... everybody's eyesight is different.... it just makes no sense