Original topic:

Galaxy Book S Keyboard

(Topic created on: 05-23-2021 03:59 AM)
rick0415
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Books

I loved everything about the Book S except the keyboard. I find the characters on the keys hard to see in anything but bright lighting. Turning on the backlighting had little to no effect. The only time the backlight came on was in complete darkness. I would repurchase the Book S immetiately if I knew there was a BIOS or software update coming that would improve the backlighting so it was always on even in low to mid lighting conditions.
thanks

6 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi rick0415, Just in case if you are facing trouble using the backlit keyboard, then it can be toggled on and off with Fn + F9. If the key combination does not work, you may need to install the appropriate Samsung Settings app on your PC. Books settings is used on the Galaxy Book and Galaxy Book2.

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi again rick0415, 

Also, make sure you are not covering the "Ambient light sensor" which recognizes the brightness of the environment where you use the computer. When the surroundings become dark, the keyboard backlight turns on. When the surroundings become bright, the keyboard backlight turns off.

0 Likes
rick0415
Active Level 4
Galaxy Books
I did all.that was suggested but the issue isn't that the backlighting doesn't come on or off but that the lightning isn't bright enough to make the keys more visible. Either stronger backlight or lighter characters on the keys. Several online reviews pointed out the same issue.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi rick0415, I will forward this to the team as your suggestion. Thanks for coming forward and letting us know about this.

0 Likes
SeenIzax
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Books

I can't get my keyboard backlight to stay on at all. I toggle through the Fn+F9 key and it will go through the levels of brightness, but then turns the backlight off altogether. I've tried this in a completely dark room, and the light still turns off after a few seconds. 

I have Samsung settings installed and running, but there are no options for the keyboard backlight. I've also tried a replacement device. It's a Samsung Galaxy Book S purchased from Verizon. I'm hoping someone could help me. 

0 Likes
Ragonog
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books

Please, at least give us the option of turning it on and off whenever we want. Everybody has different needs, it's rediculous to HAVE to rely on the judgement of the sensor..