Original topic:

Laptops

(Topic created on: 10-15-2020 06:14 PM)
AndrewVermeltfoort
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Books
Samsung needs to release a laptop that can truly compete with the MacBook Pro. I love Samsung but it needs to start refining its products, and with that windows will not be able to carry them to victory. Samsung should really consider creating their own laptop OS and putting together a formfactor based on performance. They also need to include a unique touchscreen by the keyboard, I would recommend the strip along the top like on  Mac and a rectangle on the right side where the number keys would usually be. Beyond that hear me out, I have a cool idea for a laptop keyboard, imaging if the keys were connected through magnets and had the mini LED's on the keys that could lift off to reveal a touch sensitive surface that had an engraved grid and letters on it so if u chose u could type directly on the flat surface. This would be great for cleaning spills off. Finally if such laptop were to take place it should be IP68 for additional safety.
9 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Books
Creating a new OS and making it successful is impossible today. Heard of Tizen? Or Bada?
Also, all the stuff you've listed is available to an extend on laptops already sold by other OEMs
0 Likes
Galaxy Books
My point is I want one with a new operating system, I don't like the options available... did u not read it. Samsung would be able to make a good OS but they would need to actually refine it. Samsung has been building tizen into watches and TV's, it wouldn't be hard for them to develop a laptop OS from it
0 Likes
uzairm87
Active Level 8
Galaxy Books
next to impossible...they would need all developers to support another OS

99% won't waste money on that.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi AndrewVermeltfoort,

Welcome back to the Community. Thank you for sharing the suggestion and your ideas with us. We are considering this as feedback and we will forward this to the concerned teams for further review.

0 Likes
Galaxy Books
Thanks, I just think samsung could do a lot if they had full control over their products
Halston
Options
Galaxy Books

You are welcome AndrewVermeltfoort.

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Books
Pff, Tizen could run on a laptop with ease. The problem is adoption. Nobody will develop PC apps on Tizen because there's no users. Nobody will buy Tizen PCs because there are no apps. And if you make it compatible with another OS' apps, there's still no reason to develop on it, and there's very few reasons why would users switch to Win-Tizen only to use Windows apps.
Tech doesn't work that way. Once someone is established, it takes a revolution to put forward a new alternative
0 Likes
wizparrissa
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books
just wait a few year when Apple charges you twice what you paid for a motherboard because their pcs are impossible to repair. any laptop is better than a Mac. all they have is security.
0 Likes
Galaxy Books
Thank you all for the comments, I would have to say that I stand by what I said except I would switch the new OS comment with a UI they should place over windows to offer additional features and a "nicer" interface
0 Likes