Original topic:

samsung galaxy book ion

(Topic created on: 02-06-2021 07:29 PM)
TweetyBird
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Books
Still no resolution to my problem with Bluetooth 
Support said because the laptop will connect to my Bluetooth speaker earbuds and sound bar it's not the lap and I need to reset both my Galaxy A8 and my Galaxy Tab A 10.1 
Tried another cell phone and it would not connect to the laptop either 
I'm getting really tired of this 
Thought that by buying a Samsung laptop to match my phone and tablet would be great now wishing I'd stuck with HP 
0 Likes
2 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi TweetyBird,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please follow the below steps and check.

On your Phone/Tablet Go to Settings >> Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth on. Ensure your Phone/Tablet is set to be discoverable via Bluetooth.

On your Galaxy Book Ion Go to Start >> Settings >> Devices >>  Click Add Bluetooth or other device >> Select Bluetooth in the Add a device window >> Wait while your PC or laptop scans the Bluetooth devices nearby >> Click on the name of the device(your Phone/Tablet) you want to connect to, until the PIN code appears >> At the same time, the PIN code will appear on the device you want to connect to. Verify the PIN is the same as displayed on your Lenovo PC or laptop in the previous step and click Pair.

Also, Microsoft your phone is an app that syncs your compatible Galaxy smartphone with your Galaxy Book wirelessly. The app displays all your phone notifications on your Galaxy Book screen, and you can also send and receive messages as well. You can also mirror your phone’s screen and control your phone with the keyboard and touchpad. It comes preinstalled on the Book Flex and Book Ion as well as newer Galaxy smartphones.

Please note: Microsoft Your Phone is compatible with PC's running Windows 10 April 2018 update or later and phones running Android 7.0 (Nougat) or above. 

To get started, first make sure that your devices are connected to the internet and that you are logged in to your Microsoft account on your Galaxy smartphone and Galaxy Book. Then, on your smartphone:

- Swipe down from the top of your screen to reveal the Quick Panel.
- Tap "Link to Windows".
- Tap "Link your phone and PC".
- Sign in to your Samsung Account or if you are already signed in tap "Continue".
- Your device will now ask you to check the app permissions. Tap "Accept" to proceed.
Then, on your Galaxy Book:
- Select "Start".
- Launch the "Your Phone" app, select "Android", then click "Continue".
- Tap "Link phone".
- Enter your mobile phone number.
Tap "Allow" on your phone.
- Your phone and Galaxy Book are now connected.
0 Likes
TweetyBird
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books

All of this has been tried time and time again

I did a Live Chat with support and they told me because my galaxy A8 and my Galaxy Tab A will connect to all other devices there us nothing wrong with those devices 

It seems the Galaxy Book Ion is NOT compatible 

So I reset my laptop for nothing 🙃 but would not touch my ohone or tablet 

Not happy with this as that's one reason I bought this  laptop because it had Bluetooth and would be compatible with my other devices 

I do connect my phone with Your Phone app but thus doesnot ket me connect my tablet 

0 Likes