Original topic:

Your thoughts?

(Topic created on: 07-15-2022 11:32 PM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy Books
I was just hoping to get some thoughts from the community about samsung laptops. I don't currently have a windows laptop or a Mac book anything like that. I've been rocking old laptops with Linux mInt on them for the past 4 -5 years. I have a N20U and a tab S7+. So far they've been doing the job. But I'm thinking about buying a laptop sometime in the future. Just wanted to know if anyone uses a samsung galaxy book, I'm looking at a galaxy book mainly because i like the idea and i think that it will be much easier to integrate with my other samsung devices and apps and services i already use . I'm kinda looking at something like the galaxy book 2 pro 15 inch. 
0 Likes
6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Books

I don't know about the current Samsung Laptops / Notebooks, but with my Samsung New Series 9 Notebook, currently running Windows 10, I haven't seen anything that suggests, any kind of benefits to having a Samsung Notebook, along with Samsung's Mobile Devices.

I do think that if there is any advantages of having a Samsung Computer, it'll be with a Windows O/S and not a Mac!

I know that you can "link" your Mobile with your PC, to continue Calls, Texts etc, but that's not something that I bother with.

Mostly the only times I use both together, are for running adb commands, monthly Smart Switch backups to my computer (Weekly to the external sd card IN my phone), and finally for Flashing the US Betas.

Someone else may have some other / better ideas? 

Galaxy Books
Hi TBone, I have Galaxy BookFlex for 3 years now. Here is what my experiences with Samsung laptop.

I like the laptop design. My BookFlex can turn into tablet mode. It has a built-in SPen. Screen colour and brightness are good.

I mainly use my laptop for business, like RDC, meetings, Outlook, Word, Excel...etc. It is running on Windows10, upgradeable to Windows 11, but I did not.

The most features that I use the most are Samsung Notes and Samsung Gallery. These 2 apps associate to my Samsung accounts and will sync with my phone. Whenever I create Notes from phone or Windows, it will sync right away.

I use the SPen during tablet mode very often. As I need to explain a company network structure to my client, drawing it out on a 15" screen is very good. Once all drawing and discussion has done on Samsung Notes, sync will done in few seconds and open my phone Samsung Notes, convert to pdf then send out email. This is one of my daily action.

My Samsung laptop was a 1st gen, since Samsung issue laptop again in Canada. My laptop miss a few features. New Samsung laptops support QuickShare with Windows, and Smartthings app also only support the most recent models. Mine are outdated.

Here are couple things you can consider:
The Samsung software and device drivers update was frequent when the laptop is recent models. After few years, the updates are getting less and less or even none. Like phones and watches and Buds.
Samsung does not has their site to download drivers individually, so full system image backup is necessary.

The battery is decent to me. I can charge my laptop almost anywhere in my working environment. Longest time I use my laptop without charging is indoor 5 hours work. I won't do any extreme testing like...Samsung laptop can't reach 10 hours base on video tests...bla bla bla. Sorry, I don't continuos watch movies on laptop for over 10 hours. Also, I can charge my laptop on flight too. Battery capacity not border me.

Few things are very personal, it all depends on user preferences. Screen resolutions, keyboard keys comfort, Camera resolutions, sound volume, numbers of ports, some reviews even complaint no USB-A ports...So, depends on how you want your laptop quality. If you want gaming laptop, Samsung laptop may not the good choice.

My laptop spec is i7 / 16GB / 512SSD. I have no trouble on Samsung laptop over 3 years. I took my laptop out everyday and business travel couple times already. The laptop works fine to me. I kind of like the Samsing eco system. I did not buy a new laptop because Samsung Canada don't have the top model this year. I will wait for next year then.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Books
Yes this was helpful thank you.
Axton
Options
Galaxy Books

Hi, we are glad to hear that it was helpful for  your issue. We appreciate your efforts to get the issue resolved.
Please get back to us if you require any further assistance. 

0 Likes
Oldbroad
Active Level 4
Galaxy Books
Sorry if I've entered in wrong place. Couldn't find the new post link.
Just recently I purchased a galaxy book 2 15.5. Just love it first Samsung laptop my past experience has been 2 Asus 17.5 the older has an internal drive the newer on not, but got a great deal from Samsung & as all my electronic devices are Samsung, & I wanted to go back to windows. Sotired of Android & small screens. But as I am a old time disliker of monopolies, & dislike a cluttered screens is one reason I haved liked Google/Chrome but I very much dislike. MSN. I there ANYway I can quit Paying Microsoft and get back not they trying to sneak Bing into my computer? As well as every time I reset my password, the next time I try to log on, they say wrong password and I will have change it, then go through all their stupid systems of Authentication (& their app) . I'm 75 and been using computers since early 90's. Starting with DOS. also they don't allow Google to save the passwords for their account. I've trusted Googe for many years and have never had my computers crash etc. My Smartphone (Note10+), is another story. But that all fixed. Thanks so very much for your time and assistance in this matter. Cheers Oldbroad 🇨🇦
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Books
You can make a new post with your question when you go to the community tab and in the lower right corner + button. Screenshot_20220826-094312_Samsung Members_66761_1661517793.jpg