Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Re: S23+

(Topic created on: 04-11-2023 03:25 PM)
KillLaw
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Fold
What happen to my Galaxy z Flip4, it will automatically power off or shut down when i flip it close.. I need to re start again the power button..
6 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello KillLaw,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 having issues with auto-powering off when you flip it closed, and we apologize for the inconvenience it caused you.

Suddenly shutting down can be an unwelcome surprise, especially if you are in the middle of something. Follow along to find out what's causing the shutdowns and how to prevent them from happening again.

Check for possible causes of unexpected phone shutdowns.

Step 1: Close power-hungry apps or features.

If your phone's battery capacity is low, features or apps that require more power may cause the device to suddenly turn off. This measure is designed to protect the battery.

Step 2: Check the battery.

• If you have a removable battery, remove it and look it over. Make sure it's a genuine Samsung battery, and that there's no damage to the battery or the pins in the compartment.
  • If you cannot remove the battery, press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons for 30 seconds to reset the device.

Step 3: Check the Power key or Side key.

• Remove any cases or accessories that may interfere with any buttons on the device.
  • Check the Power key or Side key for normal movement. There should be a slight, but distinct clicking feeling when pressing the button. If the key is jammed, it could cause unexpected shutdowns.

Step 4: Charge device. Use only a genuine Samsung charger and USB Cable.

If the issue persists, I highly recommend that you book an appointment with the Samsung Members app as follows:

Support > Book an appointment to set one.

Or you may visit one of the Samsung Authorized Service Centers near your location. Rest assured that our Samsung engineers and technicians are competent to assess your device, provide recommendations, and offer solutions to restore it to optimum performance.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

For more assistance and guidance, you may contact us via our online Samsung Customer Care support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or our Samsung Customer Care direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! Thanks for contacting Samsung.

0 Likes
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hey KillLaw, is the problem persisting still? If it is, you might be better off taking it to your nearest Samsung Service Center, where our techs can take a better look at your device and solve the problem.

You can book an appointment through the app, but you may also visit Find a Samsung Support Center | Samsung Philippines to find one near you if your device is unusable. We advise bringing it to a service center ASAP.

0 Likes
KillLaw
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Thank for the reply.. I was not able to do what you have told and advice to me.. Maybe after my office.. I will be sending you any progress or outcome.
KillLaw
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
Good evening.. The issue of my Z Flip4 which is the shutting down every time i flip the cover close is still there. My phone is still covered with its warranty and it is postpaid, can i switch into a new phone. Can i return it back and change to a new one.. Anyway my phone still can be used, but the problem is it should be always open..
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hey KillLaw, if you subscribed to Samsung Care+, a Service Center will be able to provide you with the repair you need, or a device replacement if needed. However, if you have a post-purchase care plan with your network provider, I advise calling them to see what options you have. 

If I remember correctly, they can replace your device if you opted into their post-purchase care offers.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
KillLaw
Active Level 1
Galaxy Fold
)
0 Likes