Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A book on Forgotten Women

(Topic created on: 10-08-2021 07:23 AM)
Esmée
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Gallery

I must confess, I never knew who Nazaria Lagos until I read the book. I asked my friends if they knew her and the answer was 'no'. My history textbooks never mentioned her or if it did, she was just a cameo that would most likely be forgotten. True enough, she's a forgotten woman. If me and my friends never knew about her before, there is a high probability that the younger generation doesn't know her, too! It is disheartening to know that she didn't get well known as much as Tandang Sora even though she is named as the Florence Nightingale of Panay. Her act of tending wounds towards her fellow compatriots should get the attention it deserve because it takes as much bravery as picking up a weapon. And I think this applies to our situation today. Medical frontliners are risking their lives to save others and from the Covid reports I've on the news, it seems that we are not helping them ease their burden. May we do our part to prevent the spread of the virus. Keep safe everyone!
5 Comments
jevleo
Active Level 10
Galaxy Gallery
pagaling kayo
jevleo
Active Level 10
Galaxy Gallery
stay safe
Esmée
Active Level 2
Galaxy Gallery
Likewise!
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy Gallery

I guess there are so much that's forgotten or just belittled here in our country, from a simple garbage collector, construction worker, postman, traffic enforcers...they are the ones who also work tirelessly under the heat of the scorching sun and often receive MUCH SMALLER PAY, yet we always take them for granted and never gave them a simple thank you nor a simple nod/smile. 😊

Esmée
Active Level 2
Galaxy Gallery
No truer words have been spoken (or rather, typed down) 😅.