Original topic:

Gallery location

(Topic created on: 03-17-2022 05:11 AM)
EpictimesYT
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Gallery
I just discovered the gallery location map on my phone. It's really cool but I have one problem with it, the photos stored on my SD card don't show up. I have a 128gb sd card and only around a 55g internal storage, meaning many of my files will not show up. Is there a way to incorporate the sd card photos and videos onto the map? Maybe a better question would be how do I turn on location for them in general. Update: While searching for examples I noticed that there infact IS location for some sd card files, this leaves me more confused than before. I'm suspecting it is a network thing where you need connection to gps when taking the photo, but even this doesn't seem correct. Any information on this? 

0 Likes
4 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
it would help to know what device and what android version you have. I would say check in your gallery settings first to be sure nothing else needs to be turned on. because you never know🤷🏻‍♂️. also does your gallery show a SD card icon in the bottom corner of any of these albums with files of your SD card?. also are any of these files or videos not taken from or on this device. because it can be as simple as video codecs issue which I have personally experienced on my S9 Plus with old videos. start with those steps and checks first.
0 Likes
EpictimesYT
Active Level 4
Galaxy Gallery
I'm using android 11. There are some albums with an sd card icon in the corner and all settings seemed to be turned on. I have an example where the photo was taken on my phone with an sd card and it didn't show location. You might be onto something about the file conversion tho because the only non internal storage examples I could find were from when I had the s7 edge
0 Likes
EpictimesYT
Active Level 4
Galaxy Gallery
I just checked and there actually was an example of a sd card picture with location. I have transferred a lot to samsung cloud and back to sd card with the new update removing samsung cloud, dont know if this affects it.
0 Likes
VVomboKombo
Active Level 1
Galaxy Gallery

Recently, I've increasingly noticed that it is more convenient for me to store various documents and photos in an online format, so I quite often use a file hosting service to Share files with download link. By the way, this is also a great option if you need to share photos or documents with some of your friends or colleagues, because the files are downloaded almost instantly. It's cool because I don't understand how such a cool service can be free.

0 Likes