Original topic:

Google sync is stealing pictures from my gallery

(Topic created on: 06-22-2022 08:39 PM)
Members_1BzxApV
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Gallery

There is nothing more frustrating than Google Sync. What a miss from both google and Samsung!!!

The samsung gallery is perfect, and easy to use with it's ability to create albums and move pictures between albums on a whim.

However, since Google has become the preferred cloud storage vehicle, and with syncing, albums and pictures are disappearing off my phone. This is unacceptable. There is literally no reason in the World to default this permission. I have created albums in my Samsung gallery for a reason, and they are far easier for me to access and use.

The worst part about all of this, is that now I can't find any of the pictures, because Google isn't smart enough to organize my pictures into the literal albums that were created in the Samsung gallery. Now I have only a few pictures on my physical phone gallery, and everything else sits in a jumbled mess in the Google photos cloud. I have to rely on their awful search tech to try to guess tags when looking for anything.

Either move the album over exactly as is, by album name, or better, just leave everything in the actual Samsung Gallery unless I specifically tell you otherwise. How is this not the default setting?

Anyone know how to get photos saved to the Google cloud back on to the Samsung Gallery app in their original albums? How do we stop this ridiculous thieving of photos going forward (because a backup program like Google storage  should not require you to delete anything from a user's physical phone)?

12 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Gallery

Without getting into it, One Drive is Samsung's suggested replacement for Samsung Cloud. 

Personally I don't backup any photos to a Cloud account & I prefer using my computer & external sd card for backups. 

Your device (from your tag S21) doesn't have an external sd card (shame on Samsung).

But try using One Drive to backup your images.

I know that any really important images that I have backed up to Google Drive are still there. 

Helenna
Options
Galaxy Gallery

Hi, Open Google Photos >> Tap on your name at the top right >> photo settings >> Disable Backup & sync.

You can download the pictures from Google Photos to phone memory by opening the picture from Google photos and tap three dots >> Download.

0 Likes
BevD
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Gallery
Samsung texts. Where they all gone. I had important info than. Samsung told me to backup i did but don't know how to recover
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Gallery

Unless you deleted your texts explicitly, they should still be there. 

I have Cleared Cache & Data for Google Messages, but they will repopulate after a few minutes. 

What did you use to backup your texts anyway? 

Smart Switch, or SMS Backup & Restore from the Play Store work well.

Samsung Cloud I haven't used to backup anything. 

0 Likes
Horaceholt81
Active Level 3
Galaxy Gallery
Sorry but lost this before and just found it again years later. Please don't mind me. Idk what else to do these daysScreenshot_20220721-120111_Facebook_37_1658426471.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Gallery

Not sure what you think Samsung Members can do?

Stay safe though! 

0 Likes
Horaceholt81
Active Level 3
Galaxy Gallery
Hard to he positive lately honestly Screenshot_20220812-053546_Samsung Internet_3116_1660304146.jpg
0 Likes
Horaceholt81
Active Level 3
Galaxy Gallery
.please sont mind me I might post some pics because one day they may he useful. But they really screwed with me. Please take no offence anyone. It's all I got tbh
0 Likes
Horaceholt81
Active Level 3
Galaxy Gallery
.20220809_013756_3091_1660030677.jpg20220809_182547-edit-20220809190007_3094_1660093208.jpg
0 Likes