Original topic:

Larry Burrows, March 1965, digital painting ... all finishedโ€ผ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐ŸคŸ

(Topic created on: 11-09-2022 11:19 AM)
PaulaJensen
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy Gallery
I finally finished my painting of the late British photojournalist Larry Burrows (1926-1971) from a LIFE Magazine photograph (photographer; unidentified), published in the magazine's April 16th, 1965, issue. Mr. Burrows is mounting one of his cameras in preparation for the March 1965 mission by the US Marines during the Vietnam War. This photo was featured along with Larry Burrows' most famous photographic essay "One Ride with Yankee Papa 13" about a mission on March 13,1965, flying in a helicopter with the US Marines Medium Helicopter Squadron 163. Larry Burrows, age 44, died along with his fellow photojournalists : Henri Huet (AP), Kent Potter (UPI), and Keisaburo Shimamoto (freelancer with Newsweek) when their helicopter was shot down over the Ho Chi Minh Trail in Laos as the group covered Operation Lam Son 719 (February 1971). 

This digital painting took me three months to complete but it was well worth the wait โœ‹ โค ๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜† โ€ผ๏ธHaha!!

Larry Burrows mounting a camera in preparation for a mission in March 1965.

2 Comments
Joce1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
Great result ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
PaulaJensen
Active Level 7
Galaxy Gallery
Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š ! It's funny ๐Ÿ˜„ when I finish a painting, I have to resist the temptation to tweak it a bit more ๐Ÿ˜… ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜œ lol ๐Ÿ˜† but I'm happy with the result. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜†
0 Likes