9 Comments
Luqmanakim
Active Level 8
Galaxy Gallery

😥How did it happen? 

EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy Gallery
Most of us with S20 series had it happened at random like this on it's own for the past months. Mostly is after April May June July 2022 update that this issue pops up extremely frequently. No fall, no drop, no nothing, just like normal use, press power button or double tap screen and was greeted by this screen or screen with green line or pink line
bananaribena
Active Level 3
Galaxy Gallery
Yep, it is like what eddie mentioned, no fall nothing. It just happen out of the blue. Anytime anywhere. So beware s20's users, bring a spare phone with you always!
Luqmanakim
Active Level 8
Galaxy Gallery

That’s sad to hear guys. It seems that Samsung is still not over the issue of software updates destroying their own display panels (last was Note 9). They produce great panels yet are so sensitive. I do hope you guys can file official complaints to them so that at least they know of the existence of this issue. 

EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy Gallery
Oh they know. But as far as I can tell, they are trying to shrug it off as a minority occurrence since there isn't plenty of S20 users not paying for a replacement screen when this happened. A business opportunity for them to earn from those who still holding on their previous gen devices.
0 Likes
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy Gallery
Are you going to fix this S20 Ultra? Mine was S20+ so I've calculated the parts costs based from the price available online, RM870 for display, RM80 labor charges (constant throughout all my other out of warranty devices), about RM15~25 for the double sided tapes for water resistance. Total damage is about RM975~985 as mine was the Plus variant, not Ultra. Most likely I'm moving on since this issue may relapse 1 or 2 years later as I saw posts online stating it happened due to phone overheating and having experienced it myself, yes it runs hotter than my S10+ and S22 Ultra from day to day similar use. SmartSelect_20220719-162352_Chrome_26019_1658219032.jpg
bananaribena
Active Level 3
Galaxy Gallery
Well , at first i was really thinking if it is worth to fix, but still i fell into the S22 ultra trap. And i was made aware that every service centre have different prices for the screens. I guess most the damage would be around 1k for the screen change. Not worth i guess.
EddieCS
Active Level 6
Galaxy Gallery
Yep. The worst is it may happen again so money down the drain. No assurance. Safest option is still S21 and S22 series or those older S10 series that had won the chip lottery. New Xiaomi Mi 12 Ultra is rather intriguing. If their software were as solid as Samsung, it outright is a worthy consideration because that Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 was manufactured by TSMC and seems to be proving a much more efficient chip and runs cooler than our S22 Ultra Snapdragon manufactured by Samsung chip foundry.