This City

(Topic created on: 08-23-2021 11:32 AM)
JE_U
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Gallery

Urban Landscape

This city's gonna break my heart...

I came here. I only brought my dreams and hopes with me. Leaving the province, my comfort zone and being thrusted to a wild city who's clearly gon'na manhandle me.

This city's gonna love me then leave me alone

From time to time, I love the city. Then I hate the city. I love how easily the city lets me access the things and experiences I only dreamt of while daydreaming in the province. Then I hate how the city makes me yearn for the quiet, peaceful and contented life in the province.

This city's got me chasing stars

I found my star here. I love the city.
The star I found wasn't meant for me. I hate the city.

It's been a couple months since I felt like I'm home

Staying in the city for just a month felt like eons. Even if I stayed for a month in the province, when I come back to the city it feels so short just like a daydream.

Am I getting closer to knowing where I belong?

I thought that if I lived in the city, everything and everyone is within grasp.

This city's gonna break my heart

My heart broke the day I learned that the thing I wanted and the person I yearned for where both for the eyes only. Both were committed with somebody else.

She's always gonna break your heart, oh

Interact and rub elbows with the city if you must. Treat it like your most valuable friend but do not trust its volatile nature. Don't hate the city for that, it's not that it wanted to betray everybody but undersatnd that it is its nature.

Lyrics from Sam Fischer's song, This City

4 Comments
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy Gallery

Love the song, and love the shot you took!  😊Thanks for sharing this, spreading good vibes and awesome captured moments! Stay safe. Have an awesome week ahead. 😀 

JE_U
Active Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
Thank you so much Sir Mark! I'm inspired by your comment, I'll see to it to flood this community with such good vibes.
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy Gallery

You're more than welcome! Glad to be of service! 😊

BonDioDar
Active Level 9
Galaxy Gallery
Nice shot