Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Thursday

(Topic created on: 09-15-2021 06:27 PM)
IrisnotAyris
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Gallery

I feel like many have equated kindness with being weak or tolerant. Like, if I’m being too kind in how I interact with someone who I don’t agree with then I’m letting them win or I’m being complacent or complicit. But what if it wasn’t about that? What if it’s about learning to communicate our thoughts and feelings in full without needing to hurt someone or attack someone else’s beliefs when we do it? We don’t need to shout or point fingers or post passive aggressive or just plain old aggressive posts and stories and comments to share our feelings..and honestly, I don’t think that type of content is causing anyone to switch to your side unless it’s out of discomfort and guilt (which also won’t be conducive to lasting change). It continues to be a difficult time in our country. With so many voices and articles and opinions and issues…with so much pain, division, fear, and finger pointing. But what if we could create a space where we could all have our feelings without hurting each other…without causing greater separation? What if we could learn to be kind in our interactions and have dialogue that goes back and forth? What if we stopped perpetuating the things we’re fighting against in our interactions with one another? I wonder…

1 Comment
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Gallery

Normalize saying 'no'. Saying no brings us closer to ourselves and further away from distractions. It brings us peace as opposed to resentment. It brings us rest instead of weariness. Stay safe and have a nice day ahead!