Tones of the Night #withGalaxy

(Topic created on: 12-31-2019 04:50 PM)
WaylonTMcCann
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy Gallery

Science World - At Golden Hour (Dusk)
Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

A behind the scenes shot of the last day of filming a Chinese television drama series called "Dreams Come True", for which I was Key Grip. 

The vanilla sky, sun setting, marking the summation of an international collaboration between two different takes on the film industry. Two cultures bridging the gap, building understanding, breaking the mold.

#withGalaxy #GalaxyS9 #SamsungContest 

Red Dawn
Surrey British Columbia, Canada 

My wife, Dawn. She was sitting reading her book one night on the back porch as I fiddled with a new app for my Samsung Galaxy. Good photos happen at random sometimes, the trick is to roll with it and see where inspiration takes you and trusting it.

Restoration 

Joel J. Evans, is new to the film world, and being a Grip. He's a guy who likes hard work, and has taken on the challenge of bringing a 1948 Dodge Fargo back to life. I snuck this photo as he finished working for the night. The Halogen bulb of the painter's lamp glinting off of the rusty form of former, and future greatness. 

When a Monster Loves a Woman 

In between cuts and rolls on the Vancouver Blood and Guts Film Festival 2019 award winning film La Danza, I captured this moment in romantic terror.

Shooting night for day, is an artform unto itself, where light and color are your paint, darkness becomes a medium, the entire world becomes a gallery of mood and Intrigue. The canvas of the world shifts it's texture. The depth becomes infinite, and takes you in.

King George Hospital - First Light (Dawn)

Mankind is as persistent as the sun in it's steadfast refusal to stay down. This photo was from the hospital room window where my father Bruce was recovering from having three stints put into his heart. He has since made a great recovery, having gone back to work only a couple days after surgery. 

The colors and patterns of a creature's spots do not a leopard make, and it would appear that would be the case with defining strength as well. Even though he and I can contrast greatly, if you were to ask me what being vibrant, bold, and resilient looked like, I'd point to him.

Cameras in The Mist/The Cart of Darkness
Badlands Paintball Center

Someone left their camera cart alone to fend for itself in the woods, and where there's fog there's usually some kind of movie magic afoot. On the set of The Magicians Season 5, "teamwork makes the dream work".

Clocktower at Golden Hour (Dusk)

When you need to capture that big sky, and lamp lit urban amber city feel, a day of working in film starts when others head to sleep. On the set of the Chinese Television Drama series; Dreams Come True, "golden hour" sets the feel, and fills the scene with richness.

Inflexio - Golden Hour (Dawn)
Edmonton Alberta, Canada

The future is as wide and filled with as much golden wonder as this Albertan Sky. We stand tall in the wave, and wake of happening history. Sweeping from one state of change unto the next, the foreground unknown, is what highlights us, without defining any limits.

Self Portrait

A photo is about capturing moments in time, and scenes of beauty and wonder that we witness. They allow us to paint our point of view, to capture expressions of truth, whimsy, and emotion. With light, and dark, with color, we capture a message. We reflect outwardly to capture what is within. It is in the darkness that we can see the light, a world of color, of our choosing. 

The tones and shades of the night are just a reflection of the light we bring out from inside ourselves to light the way forward, cast upon the world we wish to see. Always look deeper, and boldly explore the spectrum of your world.

1 Comment
TheSwizzler
Active Level 3
Galaxy Gallery
Amazing Sunset!
0 Likes