Original topic:

Vancouver beautiful sunset 😍 nature 💯nofilter no edit

(Topic created on: 02-20-2020 10:54 AM)
10 Comments
GNote10plus
Active Level 9
Galaxy Gallery
What suspension bridge is that? It looks very modern. Who'd have thunk that wires and water could make such a good photo?
GNote10plus
Active Level 9
Galaxy Gallery
BTW great shot without edits! Just a thought...maybe you or someone else could edit the photo to make it "pop"...I know it wouldn't be orig but the whole "starving artist" thing ya know... 🎨
seobro
Active Level 6
Galaxy Gallery
Not sure of the actual name (because I don't think it actually has one lol) but it's next to Patullo bridge crossing Fraser River. People just call it "the Skytrain bridge."
GNote10plus
Active Level 9
Galaxy Gallery
Nice suspension bridge...couldn't find it on Wiki...nice architecture
GNote10plus
Active Level 9
Galaxy Gallery
Perhaps it's newer that may be why I cannot find it on Wiki...Still, great photo! 📷
SamAnna
Active Level 7
Galaxy Gallery
The Skybridge (aka Skytrain Bridge) is a cable-stayed bridge in Greater Vancouver Regional District, British Columbia, Canada. Built in 1989, it spans the Fraser River and connects New Westminster with Surrey. The Skybridge does not carry automotive vehicles, as the neighbouring Pattullo Bridge does, but has two tracks enabling the TransLink SkyTrain to pass either way on the bridge on its journey between King George Station in Surrey and Waterfront Station in downtown Vancouver. An additional third set of rails in the middle is used by maintenance crews to truck equipment back and forth on the bridge (not connected to the SkyTrain tracks). The bridge has two 123 m (404 ft) tall towers and carries trains 45 m (150 ft) above the Fraser river and valley. The main span is 340 metres (1,115 ft) and the total length is 616 m (2020 ft), making it the longest transit-only bridge in the world.[Wikipedia]
GNote10plus
Active Level 9
Galaxy Gallery
Thanks for the data...great info!
dance2020
Active Level 5
Galaxy Gallery
love the pic
Padraig
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Gallery
Very nice pic.