Original topic:

Apps crashing on Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime

(Topic created on: 03-24-2021 10:20 AM)
tj2vegas
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy J

Multiple apps have been crashing all day today on my smartphone.  I've been searching for fixes online and finally found out that this is happening to all models of Samsung phones because of a faulty Google update that was installed earlier today.  The solution is to uninstall the Android System Webview app but I don't see any instructions on how to do that for  this particular model.  When I open the app, the only options are "Enable" or "Force Stop". It was already disabled when I opened it.  I pressed the "Force Stop" button to make sure it wouldn't mess up my phone anymore until the fix comes out. 

Do I need to completely uninstall this app?  How do I do that on the J3 Prime?

0 Likes
6 Comments
Galaxy J
In your case, you may need to uninstall Chrome instead.

Settings → Apps → Chrome → click 3 dots on top right → Uninstall updates.
MrMedina
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J
I have the same issue. chrome emails and games crash after update
0 Likes
Members_Cg6q20C
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J

This did it for me! Thanks!!! Apparently Google and Samsung are "working on this" issue. How long will that take???

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy J

Hi tj2vegas,

Samsung is aware of this phenomenon which may appear on Galaxy devices due to the Google Webview issue and this problem was already resolved with the latest app updates of Android System Webview and Chrome, 89.0.4389.105 version.

Therefore please update these apps to the latest version on the following steps and restart the device.

[ How to update apps to the latest version ]

- Android System Webview : Settings > Apps > Search Webview > Tab Android System Webview > App details in-store > Update.

- Chrome: Settings > Apps > Chrome > App details in-store > Update

*If the Update menu is not available, please tap the Enable button to activate app update.

Thanks, 

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
If Android System Webview is disable, do you have a solution to enable it again
OR
What is the better solution with the actual problem, what do you suggest Disable or Uninstall. Chrome if Android System Webview is disable..?
0 Likes
Balzac1
Active Level 1
Galaxy J
have you tried a complete reformat? i did that a couple of times and it worked.
0 Likes