Original topic:

Deleted pictures.

(Topic created on: 11-12-2020 06:17 AM)
WhiteBuffalo
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy J

I deleted all my pictures ! I was in my files cleaning up and poof ! All gone. I tried Google pics and I tried Trash but No Joy! Are they gone forever? I looked at apps but the reviews say no. I deleted them from Files along with a bunch of useless downloads. Any help would be really very much appreciated. GALAXY 8
0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy J

Are you deleted from My Files app? Or Gallery app? Or you delete files from 3rd party apps?

0 Likes
WhiteBuffalo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J
I deleted from the My Files I think they are gone. I have no idea what to do.
0 Likes
neals
Active Level 6
Galaxy J
did u empty trash yet if not may still be there in trash in my files
keagan
Options
Galaxy J

Hi WhiteBuffalo, You could recover photos from your mobile device if you have backed up the photos to a Samsung or Google account.
Please follow the steps below if you already have them backed up to your Samsung account.
Go to settings >> Accounts and backup >> Samsung cloud >> Samsung cloud drive >> Images >> Select photos >> Download.
Please check the Google photos apps if you have backed up using a Google account.
It is not possible to recover the photos if you have not performed the backup before they were deleted on the mobile device.

WhiteBuffalo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J
I think they are all gone
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy J
As @neals said check the trash if your in the gallery and if trash is not on then turn it on (see screenshots) and that's where you should be managing pictures IMO not "My Files" 🤷

Also @keagan explained quite well how you can retrieve and setup a cloud backup if it's not already on👍

Depending how tech savvy you are, Ive connected devices to a pc and used "recuva" to get back deleted files ✌️ try to use your device as minimal as possible until you do this bc you may overwrite what's hidden 👍

Also maybe @Tallman can chime in here again and ring the bell if there is any apps that can do this 🤷🤙

20201112_154948_11655.jpg

20201112_155021_11656.jpg

20201112_155046_11657.jpg

20201112_162457_11659.jpg

0 Likes
WhiteBuffalo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J
I checked for trash but nothing was in it . i was deleting a bunch of downloads in My Files when I think the nasty occured. it was getting full in there Here are 2 shots Internal storage was full.

Screenshot_20201112-143432_My Files.jpg

Screenshot_20201112-143324_Gallery.jpg

0 Likes
maxwellmay
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy J

It depends on how you deleted your pictures and where they were stored. If you deleted the pictures permanently and they were not backed up or saved anywhere else, then unfortunately they may be gone forever. I also deleted my website pictures for forever and i lost my data. 

0 Likes