Hey there! Welcome to Samsung Members Community! Explore your new hub for all things Samsung and beyond. Earn the coolest badges and enjoy awesome perks from us by connect with Samsung experts, super-fans, and other Community members for tips on features and how to get the most out of your Samsung product. Should you need technical assistance, don't hesitate to reach us via our TOLL-FREE mobile number #GALAXY (#425299) or via our TOLL-FREE LANDLINE: PLDT Toll free : 1-800-10-726-7864 Globe Toll Free : 1-800-8-726-7864 Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111 Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM).
Should you want to also check if your device has an available latest update, simply follow these steps for updating via OTA and/or via LAPTOP/PC:
Determine update requirements
Customers' devices must meet the following requirements to update their software to the most current version:
- 50% or higher battery life
- Data connection
- File size and storage memory available
Update software versions
Update automatically over the air (OTA)
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap About device.
- Tap Download updates manually.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Start.
- A restart message will appear, tap OK.
Update from a computer
Follow the update requirements above, along with the following:
- Use a Samsung USB cable.
- Back up your data prior to completing the update.
During the update, do not:
- Use the device or press any keys.
- Remove the battery, if applicable.
- Turn off the device.
- Disconnect the USB cable until the update is complete.
You will not be able to place a call during the update, not even an emergency call.
- Download and install Samsung Smart Switch that is compatible with your computer from http://www.samsung.com/us/support/smart-switch-support/#!/
- Connect the cable to a compatible USB port on your computer.
- Connect the other end of the cable to your mobile device.
- Allow your computer to install any required drivers for your device. This process may take a few minutes.
- Open Smart Switch on your computer, and allow it to make the connection.
- If a software update is available for your device, Smart Switch will automatically prompt you to update. At any time, you can click Update.
- Click Update to begin downloading the necessary files.
- Click OK to proceed.
Your device may turn off and on a few times during the update process. Once complete the device will return to the Home screen.
Issues after updating
If you experience issues after updating to the latest software version, follow these steps:
- Wipe your cache partition to make sure that all system files on your device are put back in order.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the device logo screen displays, release only the Power key
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight 'yes' an press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
- If wiping the cache partition does not work, you may need to perform a master reset.
- Back up data on the internal memory. If you have signed into a Google account on the device, you have activated Anti-theft and will need your Google credentials to finish the Master reset.
- From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings > Cloud and accounts.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- If desired, tap Back up my data to move the slider to ON or OFF.
- If desired, tap Restore to move the slider to ON or OFF.
- Use the back key to move back to the Settings menu and tap General management.
- Tap Reset > Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset.
- If you have screen lock turned on, enter your PIN or password.
- Tap Continue.
- Tap Delete all.
Hope this helps! Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. 😊