Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

WARRANTY VOID: 0X1

(Topic created on: 07-09-2022 11:36 PM)
bstleee
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy J
I flashed a stock firmware to my Samsung J7 Pro because it was bricked. Then when I tried to open Samsung Pass and Secure Folder, I can't access it. Is there any way to revert back my counter to 0x0? Because I really need a Secure Folder.

13 Comments
Iver1
Active Level 2
Galaxy J
Have you unlocked the bootloader? It trips Knox as a consequence.

Samsung blocks some features on tripped devices (e.g. Samsung Pay, Secure Folder, etc...) because "security reasons" 🙄

Samsung should allow us to be responsible of our own safety and let us use these features on tripped devices.
bstleee
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
I flashed a Custom Recovery like OrangeFox and TWRP and flashed a GoogleExperiencePlus 11.0 just to try it. And then I revert back to stock rom and this happened.
0 Likes
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy J
Once you trip knox, you can't restore it anymore.
0 Likes
bstleee
Active Level 3
Galaxy J
What is the disadvantage if Knox is tripped except to I'm unable to use Knox apps?
0 Likes
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy J
All I know is you won't be able to use apps that relies on Knox. Banking apps may not work too

I've read in some forums that some apps also stopped working like Netflix, etc after tripping knox, not sure if its real.

Since you already tripped knox, better use a custom ROM and give your phone the latest android version.
0 Likes
Solution
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Galaxy J
As you said in your comment that you flashed a custom recovery and rom.

"Once you root and trip the Knox flag, it is irreversible. It's not a software flag, it's a hardware flag called an e-fuse. Once blown, it stays blown. Whatever you do with the phone after that to restore back to stock, it will stay voided."

ctto: xda member comment

After your knox is tripped, all knox apps such as samsung pay, samsung pass, secure folder, etc. will be unusable forever
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
If Knox is tripped, you can't access Samsung Pass, Secure Folder, and other security apps. Unlocking the bootloader trips Knox, and flashing a custom ROM or recovery also trips Knox. You can't return Knox back after you tripped it.
0 Likes
Galaxy J
I highly recommend to flash or root phone from xiaomi... samsung doesnt give u a pass, it literally has double security from knox and google i think...
0 Likes
Jongy_r
Active Level 5
Galaxy J
Hi, Good day. I've experience that same issue on my Galaxy Note 2 several years ago. The only to return you Knox Warranty is to replace the logic board or replace the entire device, but I bet changing the logic board is the most convenient way to return your knox warranty while retaining your precious galaxy device.
0 Likes