Did you mean: 

Original topic:

5g device

(Topic created on: 10-30-2020 06:30 AM)
RachelJayne
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Hope samsung will offer free upgrade of 4g capable device to 5g of the same unit, like samsung galaxy  note 10+ 4g to samsung galaxy note 10+ 5g.
8 Comments
tribalfs
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Not possible. It requires a hardware - 5G modem.
0 Likes
RachelJayne
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
i know, what I'm trying to say is to offer a mobile swapping upgrade
0 Likes
tribalfs
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
you said FREE Upgrade. It's called trade-up and will never be FREE. Samsung actually has trade-up programs for newly launched models
0 Likes
RachelJayne
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
a unit replacement
0 Likes
Cefiro
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
N20U? Replacement from 4g to 5g🙄? Maybe we will let SAMSUNG staff say something about this matter.
0 Likes
RachelJayne
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
actually they do have, a samsung unit swapping. But, you need to visit their physical store for the evaluation of your phone which i think this time is quiet inconvenient and you need to add sum depending on the market value of your phone and to the phone you want to upgrade.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I hardly doubt that will ever happen. As producing the new 5G model cost time, effort and money. They can't just trade it off freely. A trade discount could be an option like what they do with S & Note series. You have to understand people are paid to create this technology. If its given for free then where will their income come from?
0 Likes
RachelJayne
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
yeah, but you can still do a swapping to upgrade your old phone to a newer one but you need to pay for lesser.
0 Likes