Original topic:

Ads in Samsung apps: Samsung says, "factory reset"

(Topic created on: 02-28-2021 03:18 PM)
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
We all know the banner ads in Samsung apps like Weather and Health. I submitted feedback asking Samsung to remove these banner ads. Their response? 

1) The ads are my fault and the result of third party software (despite the ads carrying the info toggle which brings up the Samsung Mobile Ads Privacy Notice).

2) That I should factory reset my device to get rid of them (what ridiculously irresponsible instruction). And yes, I have done numerous factory resets, the most recent of which after installing the OneUI 3.0 update. This is not a matter of factory resetting; it is present in brand new devices.

Note that all marketing and customization toggles are off on my device, and I have never opted in to advertising. 

Samsung, this is pathetic. I will not buy another Samsung device so long as this is the level of "care" offered to your members / customers.

14 Comments
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
You were Royally Reamed by Samsung CS.
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Samsung support, including on this site, is terrible.

Fortunately there are some good members who provide useful information.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
most of them left because things are getting ridiculous.
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
funny how many people penalty have accepted Samsung response thinking its a third party software
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
it's like samsung them selves think having ads everywhere is a problem....... but not when it's their own stuff. 😂