Original topic:

After UI 4 Update I Lost all Website Shortcuts on my Homescreen

(Topic created on: 01-31-2022 12:21 PM)
EmilyJane
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi Everyone,

Following the automatic UI 4 update on my Note 20 Ultra all of my Website shortcuts I added go my homescreen are gone. I use these often and would like to get them back. How do I do this, if I even can??? I tried to troubleshoot myslef and attempted to use the Samsung Assistance with no luck. Grrrrrrr
0 Likes
14 Comments
-ACon-
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
May be check browser history and store it again ?
0 Likes
EmilyJane
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hi ACon, thanks for your thoughts and I really hope I do not have to do that as my search history is EXTENSIVE...lol due to daily usage for my business and these shortcuts I have added over the last year plus and that would take me farrrrr to Long to do so. Also some of them were not from my original search but through links from original site taking me to another site and so on. I'm not the most techy or patient person when it comes to phone technology, so that's another hurdle I face. Lol. Thanks you for your effort to assist though!!
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Which is your default browser? Eye these pages bookmarked as favorites? Because the upgrade changed so many things even slightly the home screen layout, this could be why your shortcuts disappeared. Also for future reference I use an app called "Awesome icons" not only can you create custom shortcuts to launch certain apps/pages you can also customize the icon. Pretty cool!
0 Likes
EmilyJane
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hi SnowCat (I like your name).
My default search engine disappeared from my homescreen somehow (Goggle search bar right across the screen)...not i just use the Chrome App to search. With respect to the Site shortcuts, at the beginning I would bookmark them, but overtime I just added to Homescreen for quicker and convenient access to them instead of just bookmarking, therefore many were not bookmarked, just added to homescreen. I was always able to customize the Title of them but yes the icon was a letter, most cases the first letter of the site eg. 'M'. So are you saying with the "Awsome Icons' App i can make the icon an image or logo vs. Just a letter it automatically assigns? That would be amazing and easier to identify the one i am looking for at first glamce. Thanks for the Tip and I'll look into that App!! First I really wish to find a way to retrieve all the ones I already had as I did not have a list or remember each and everyone of them and what site I was on when finding these useful tools, articles and resources for my business.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi EmilyJane, with the update, the features and settings will be modified on the phone, Could you confirm if you are able to re-add the app shortcuts?

0 Likes
EmilyJane
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hi Georgine, I have tried to figure out how to retrieve them but no luck. I'm sure i can add them again by going to each site to do so but I had many on there that I added over the past year or so that I utilize or wanted to use when needed and I can not remember every single one or what site they came from. I am a Realtor and sites with useful tools such as Hazardous materials to look for in a home or pages that contain useful articles to refer to during a showing to refer to or educate my clients are all gone. Even the shortcut to my Realtor Matrix program for listing searches and client portals are also gone. A few I'll gave no problem re-adding but I wish to retrieve all of them. How do I do this?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Hello EmilyJane and thank you 😁 I love cats and I actually tend to enjoy the snow, so here comes Snowcat. (Plus my cats love playing in the snow)
You should be able to readd the Google search bar back unsure why it disappeard. Yes I can relate to just adding shortcuts to the homescreen, then no need to actually bookmark them. Makes alot of sense and yes when you add the shortcut to the homescreen it will just show the first letter. With Awesome icons you can make the icon whatever you like, you can create custom icons on your laptop and then use that as the icon or you can use the icon from one of your previous apps as well.
Now when it comes to retrieving your shortcuts, did you ever backup your home screen to your Samsung account? Give that a shot see if you can restore your homescreen. If not you can always check your history and hopefully find most of your shortcuts back. Also try to use the search function when browsing your history. I really hope this helps :)
0 Likes
Judithcohen
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Homescreen restore dosent work. It should, yet another fail thank you Samsung

0 Likes
Drk16
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hi, with this update I lost ONLY my access to Samsung notes. I backed them up and Uninstalled, reinstalled, now they won't sync. This is super frustrating!!
0 Likes