Original topic:

After upgrading to Android 12, the voice control and S Pen not working properly in Camera mode

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 10:38 PM)
corporatei
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note

After upgrading the Note 10 + to Android 12, the voice control and S Pen does not working properly in Camera mode.  When pressing the button on the S Pen, it no longer takes a photo at all.   Also, the voice activation is delayed by 2 secs instead of being instantaneous and sometimes it does not recognize the voice "cheese" or "capture".  Usually after saying "cheese" or "capture", the camera takes a photo right away in less than 0.5 secs.  Now it takes more than 1.5 to 2 secs.

0 Likes
14 Comments
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

So can you tell the software engineers to fix this bug?  this is clearly a software issue.  It was not like this before upgrade to Android 12.   Especially with the case where it takes 2 secs for the voice control to activate.  It is not instant anymore.

0 Likes
MoneyJo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Hi corporatei,

Did you ever resolve this issue? My S10+ just upgraded to Android 12 yesterday, and now when I use the voice command on the camera app it is delayed by about 2 seconds like you were describing. Very annoying.

Thanks!

0 Likes
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hi there not at all, the issue is not resolved at all. Took 2 secs before photo can be taken. This issue also happens on s22 ultra I think
0 Likes
MoneyJo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I see. Thank you for the quick reply! Looks like this is a software issue on their end, then. I'm guessing they will have to fix it with another update. Ah well. I'll have to be patient.

0 Likes
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
How do we tell samsung about this problem? This is another question....
0 Likes