Original topic:

Android 10 Lag on Note10+

(Topic created on: 01-07-2020 11:39 AM)
ziom
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Has anyone else seen noticeable Lag after updating to Android 10 in the galaxy s10 or Note10+.

Using the samsung launcher, there is lag when scrolling through the app drawer and multitasking.

I have tried, 
cleaning my dalvik cache
Removing my SD card
Updating all apps for android 10
And performing the built in device care optimization 

I think a performance update is needed to take care of this.

The multitasking lag becomes worse during the day until phone is restarted. 

Update 31012020: I finally decided to factory reset my phone. This did not work. I use nova launcher and uninstalled it as well. Lag still remains.

I have found that the lag only appears after about 20+ apps are in the recent apps menu. However this issue did not happen in Android 9. What is also interesting my moms s10 exhibits the same behaviour.

Further I have gone into developer options and when I set Animator level from 1x to 0x, the lag is gone. This is the only solution. However the downside to this is that instead of animations of loading wheels or progress bars, there is just a static circular arrow. I hope Samsunf fixes this issue.
31 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
You cleared your cache through recovery ?
0 Likes
ziom
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
yes I did
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @ziom,

Did this issue happen immediately after updating? I own an S10+ and I dont experience any issues pertaining to performance. It may also help to access the "Get Help" tab in Samsung Members to access some Automatic and Interactive Checks, as well as getting in touch with support.

Please keep us updated!

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Nope - If anything One UI V2.0 is smoother than V1.0 - I know that there's a script that Wipes Cache during the installation process - BUT - I ALWAYS at least Boot into Recovery & Wipe Cache after Every OTA... but after an Android version update - I ALWAYS Factory Reset - Backup your device with Smart Switch before you Factory Reset if that's what you decide to do - But at the very least - Boot into Recovery & Wipe Cache 🐧
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yip I've never had issues doing it this way, other than software glitches 🤷♂️
I've had issues not doing it this way though 🤦♂️
Galaxy Note
ah, you wiped device cache. But did you wipe cache partition?
0 Likes
ziom
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
hmm how do I do that? is that in the recovery menu?
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
yes its done with recovery. That's why i asked if you had done that.
Since that is done, and still have the lagg issues, i would do what @shaggy suggested, back up and factory reset.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Power Off your device - Press & Hold - Power + Bixby + Volume UP - Wait a couple of seconds until you See the Recovery Menu - Use the Volume button to Scroll down to Wipe Cache (or Factory Reset depending on what you want to do) Select with the Power Button - Wait a couple of seconds until the Menu Defaults back to Reboot Now & Select with the Power Button & your device will Reboot 🐧
0 Likes