Original topic:

Android 12. Bug with wifi calling and google pay

(Topic created on: 01-20-2022 09:36 PM)
virparam01
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
I was using wifi calling earlier, after Android 12 update on my note 20 ultra i registrated for e-Sim and since then i can't use the wifi calling. Called rogers for the same issue and they say the second imei number for which the e-sim gets registered make the system show that its not a rogers device. Earlier there was only 1 imei number. 

Google pay suddenly showed up an error message saying i can't make payments as my device could be rooted.

Any body else with same issues??? Any way to fix them?
7 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
I use Samsung pay I like it better, if that works give it a try until the work out those bugs. Other than that my Note 20 works great (I haven't used the e Sim option though, but now scared to try lol )
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Curious that the Note 20 Ultra has eSIM, but not the S20 Ultra? 🤔

You can try to Reset your Network Settings & see if that works? 

As for Google Pay, in Settings > About Phone > Status Information, does it say "Official" when you scroll down?

But I agree with @Habsfan, I prefer Samsung Pay. 

0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
I got the same issue on my S21U. First bug I've encountered. And yeah, it does say official in status information.

I use both GPay and SPay for different stuff.
0 Likes
Reynaud
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi virparam, we suggest you to try reset network settings. Warning: If you perform a network reset, it will reset all network settings, including wi-fi, mobile data and Bluetooth.
Follow these steps to perform the rest network.
Open settings >> General management >> tap rest network settings >> tap reset.

0 Likes
virparam01
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Tried it. Didn't work. Even tried resetting the device. Still no resolution.
0 Likes
waqqas31
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I am with Koodo. My wifi calling was working fine on Android 12. Today I transferred my number to an eSIM, and wifi calling continued to work as before.

I popped in my Fido data-only SIM as my secondary line and everything still kept working as before.

And I just checked both Samsung pay and Google pay, by setting each to the default payment method and putting them in "payment mode" and it did as I expected.
0 Likes
virparam01
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I don't know what happened. I have tried resetting the device. It seems the second imei that got activated after android 12 made rogers system think its not a rogers device. I have contacted them twice and they said they have raised a ticket and will probably get back to me within 48 hours.
0 Likes