Original topic:

Battery drain

(Topic created on: 10-04-2021 10:27 AM)
N2000
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
My husband and I have Note 20+ that is less than a year old, about a week ago the battery drains like crazy and sometimes won't even last a day with just normal use. It stays warm for a long time even if I closed all running apps. Do you have an idea if this is just software upgrade issue?
4 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Quite unlikely to be related to any firmware update itself. Although you shouldn't have to, Booting into Recovery & wiping cache can clear out any "junk" from the update.

It's also possible that some newly downloaded apps from the Play Store or Galaxy Store could be refreshing frequently & causing some battery drain.

To Boot into Recovery, Turn OFF the device, wait a couple of seconds, Then Press & HOLD the Power & Volume DOWN buttons SIMULTANEOUSLY until you feel the phone vibrate, Release BOTH buttons & wait until you see the Recovery Menu. Use the VOLUME Button to scroll down to "Wipe Cache" & Select with the Power button. Wait until the phone defaults back to the Recovery Menu & Reboot Now is Highlighted & Select with the Power button.

Your phone will Reboot & done.

You can also try Booting into Safe Mode & see if the battery drain is less, But Safe Mode disables ALL 3rd party apps, so in itself it doesn't really give an accurate idea. 

N2000
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thanks will try that.
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi N2000, It might also cause by a third-party application. I suggest you please reboot your device in safe mode and check if you are experiencing the issue. If you are not experiencing any issues in safe mode, then the issue could be due to any third-party application you installed recently. Thank you for the response RedDogRabbit.

N2000
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thanks
0 Likes