Original topic:

Bring back Smart View casting to Chromecast

(Topic created on: 03-07-2021 03:08 PM)
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
With OneUI 3.0 the ability to share the device screen with the Samsung Smart View function to Chromecast has been removed. Samsung says to share the screen through the Google Home app instead. Problem: 

Sharing the screen through Google Home does not let you use headphones. You have to listen to the audio output of the TV (or speakers connected to the TV).

Being able to share my screen with Smart View used to let me watch a video on my TV by casting to the Chromecast while listening to the audio through the headphones connected to my phone. This was a great feature which Google Cast doesn't natively support.

Also, this makes the "Video Assistant" feature of the Samsung Internet browser essentially useless, as it also uses Smart View to cast videos from the browser, except it no longer detects Chromecast devices.

Please bring this back. Reducing functionality like this is not a good look, and only serves to make Samsung less appealing with fewer differentiating features.
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
What? I didn't know Smart View supported Chromecast. 😐
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
It did up to OneUI 2.5
0 Likes
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
That means I can still cast on my old device with Android 7? 😁
0 Likes
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I don't have experience with Samsung devices that old so I can't say.
0 Likes
hawk8
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note

So we only have to do a downgrade to Android 10, which is very hard!

theMav
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
Still no fix!!!!!!... smartview was the best until it stopped working. My phone is getting older... not sure if replacement will be Samsung.
Aravindh1002003
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

We want this feature back as soon as possible Samsung 

Joshuncc
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

I used to use Smart View to cast my phone audio to my Chromecast speaker, and now that I have a newer Samsung phone, I can no longer do this. There seems to be no way to do this using the Google Home app either (even though every article I am reading tells me to go to Google Home to do it).

Let's get this fixed ASAP team.

jwolfc
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy Note

So the intention to improve our "Galaxy experience" is to install many additional apps because the SmatView built-in function does not work with some devices. Is it not to lose the purpose of a cellphone that is to unify functions and simplified life? Bixby as far I know works perfectly well with SmartView but not with Google home, Samsung browser is integrated with SmartView, what kind of world the software developers and big tech want us to live in?

sincereone
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Just got flip 4 and realised no chromecast in smart view guess i can still return this one and get a pixel 6 since i got so many chromecast devices and using app **bleep** for this