Original topic:

Change Storage location

(Topic created on: 12-13-2021 08:45 AM)
Kewl_Kat
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi there. 
Does anybody know the purpose of the "change storage location" functionality? 
I noticed that it doesn't do anything to reduce my internal memory storage size. 
Anybody have any input? 

Thanks in advance
6 Comments
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Kewl_Kat, storage location can be changed to an SD card so that the internal storage space won't be occupied.

0 Likes
jalijan59
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Can you please help me and tell how to change that on Tizen 2019? Thank you

0 Likes
Kewl_Kat
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I tested it and that's seem to not be the case. When moving my apps to the external storage, my internal memory size remains the same and does not decrease.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Most apps won't work if stored on the external sd card, unless explicitly stated, that they can be run from the external storage.

If you're saying that the Used storage doesn't reduce, try moving images / video etc from the internal storage, to the external sd card & you'll likely see a noticeable reduction in the Used storage of the internal storage. 

Kewl_Kat
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Yes. That makes sense. However I'm talking about strictly apps.
I have a few games on my phone that allow me to move them to the SD Card. Once done, there is no reduction in size in the internal storage. Hence why I'm wondering what the purpose is.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Typically, if you have a device with an external sd card, you can change the storage location for images taken with the camera etc, without having to move them to the external sd card manually. 

That's usually why you might see a prompt, asking if you want to change the storage location. 

You can also use a File Browser to move Files or Folders from the internal storage, to the external sd, or vice versa.