Original topic:

CHROME

(Topic created on: 10-18-2021 10:51 AM)
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Can I disable Chrome on my Note 10+?? (I currently use the phone's built in with VPN) How badly would this affect my other apps, if at all?
13 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

If mean Google Chrome Browser, you can disable or uninstall it as long as it's not a System app & no, it shouldn't affect anything else on your device. 

GoldieR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Thank you! (lI don't think it's a system app, just pre-installed 'bloatness', lol. (I used to love Chrome a few years ago, but now with all the security issues & BS, I'd rather NOT use it.)
0 Likes
GodlessOrigin
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Use this method uses adb permissions to Uninstall most bloatware .
Depending on your galaxy device , the list might appear different on your phone but chrome one is the same .
Heads up some of these on this list are system are and depending on your firmware might cause problems . So only uninstal what you know to be safe to uninstal. Also the same way you uninstal these apps you can install them the same way by just changing the script.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/note-9-debloat-bash-script.3907659/
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

adb doesn't actually uninstall system apps. It only disables them & you can't see them.

If you Factory Reset after, they will come back 😉

GodlessOrigin
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
That's interesting considering I've actually uninstalled system apps like the phone . But hey you know everything, so we will say you are right.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Nah, I don't know everything, but I do know a lot of Developers on XDA.

One of the Devs is Zachary Wander, who confirmed what I believed to be the case, that adb uninstall doesn't actually uninstall system apps, only disables & also disables from view.

Since you are familiar with XDA, look up Zachary Wander, aka Zacharee1. 

GodlessOrigin
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
You don't know everything lol thats clear as day buddy 🤣😂. Don't really matter who you know . I did uninstal my phone using adb (fact) . Not hide it but uninstalled. But hey enjoy what you know and i will know what i know . You have your opinion thats awesome for you in your world . I have my experience . So you do you and ill do me . Its actually the 3rd time you try to give alternative advice here . Lol keep up the k.a.a 🤣🤣
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Whatever, I'll take the word of a recognised developer & a contributor to XDA over your "beliefs".

You only THINK, that you uninstalled system apps with adb, but they are still there. A Factory Reset negates anything you do with adb & un-hides the system apps that you never actually uninstalled. 

But I guess you believe that it magically installs what was uninstalled lol 😂 

Continue with your delusions, they must give you comfort.. 🙄 

GoldieR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
TY, However, the url you listed here was flagged & blocked by my antivirus! 🥺
0 Likes