Original topic:

Dex Notification Issue

(Topic created on: 02-24-2021 06:15 PM)
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy Note
Anyone experiencing an issue with notifications when running DEX?  

On my N20U, they are completely missing from my bottom right corner on the task bar.

I'll still get a pop up if I catch it, but zero notification tray. Just settings and that's about it.

I've been through every notification setting that I can think of.

I did previous have Notistar, and it might have broke around that time. It's been unstalled since UI3. I did notice an update for it, and reinstalled, but no joy.

I don't wanna wipe my phone... especially since 3.1 around the corner.

Anyone seen this issue? 
0 Likes
9 Comments
GodlessOrigin
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Try running Dex wireless see if you get the notification. Alternatively you can try to wipe the Dex ceche in the setting without wipping your phone .
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
thanks, where do you wipe dex cache?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Hi Fatwa, I am using N20U and running UI3.0 as well. I do have notifications at the right bottom corner on the task bar.

Maybe try GodlessOrigin suggestion, clear data and clear cache on DeX to PC app.
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
thanks, must be corruption. Have you ever used Notistar (goodlock)? I suspect that was the cause.

I don't use Dex to PC. I use a Dex Dock Hdmi to monitor. I don't see a way to wipe the Dex cache, as it's baked into the OS.

I have wiped the cache partition, but no joy.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

I have a thought, when you click Settings (gear icon) on top right while connect to DeX. Check if notifications has enabled there.dex1.jpg

0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
thanks, that's dex for pc... I don't have a pc, so I don't use that... good thought though
0 Likes
Galaxy Note

Awww...you are right. You mention that before. So, is your DeX on tablet? Or how you work on DeX? From phone?

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
@fatwa
if you want to clear cache and data, go in settings/Apps. From there enable Show System applications and choose the one you think is the best one
Click on it, go in storage and clear cache
I don't have 3.1 but it should be about the same way to proceed

Not sure if I understand enough your question and if clearing cache will help but..

Screenshot_20210224-223612_Settings_29954.jpg

Screenshot_20210224-224008_Settings_29957.jpg

Screenshot_20210224-223709_Settings.jpg

clipboard_image_1614224987369_1614224987369.jpg

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@fatwa, I also use Dex the same way you do, with Dex Dock connected directly to a monitor via HDMI, but I don't have that issue. I would suggest giving @Cassidy suggestion a try, but after you enable Show System Apps, do a search for Dex, you should get 4 results, clear cache on all 4 apps. Hopefully that resolves your issue, if it does please accept @Cassidy suggestion as a solution.

The only issue I run into on Dex is after I disconnect my clock returns to the left side on my phone. I use Quickstar to set the clock on the right, but it keeps moving to the left after I disconnect from Dex.
0 Likes