Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Downgrade One UI 2.1 to 2.0 (Samsung Galaxy Note10)

(Topic created on: 06-26-2020 06:15 PM)
Julie-271
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi guys,

I have recently installed One IU 2.1 on my Samsung Galaxy Note10 device and found that it has become incredibly laggy. I much prefer the older One IU 2.0.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice on to downgrade back to One IU 2.0?

Follow up question, if I downgrade to One IU 2.0, can I install newer updates in the future if I wish to go back to One IU 2.1?

Thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Start with downloading THIS on your computer.

Okay, next you should open the Odin executable. Click on the button labelled "AP" and in the window that appears, select the among the files you have downloaded the one whose name starts with AP. See the first image. Annotation 2019-10-18 102033.png

Repeat with "BL" and "CP" (select the file that starts with BL and CP accordingly).

For "CSC" select the file that starts with HOME_CSC.

The next step is to turn off your phone and then hold the Power+Volume Down buttons for a few seconds. See the second image. Mode DL - EN N10.png

You will see a teal warning screen. Don't worry about it and select Volume Up to continue. Now your phone is in Download mode. Plug it to your computer.

Now all that's left is to hit Start on Odin. Wait a while and you should be on OneUI 2.0!

View solution in context

15 Comments
Galaxy Note
Hi Julie-271,

Before you downgrade, do you want to try my suggestion? Usually after major upgrade, it is recommend to wipe cache partition to resolve most of the problems.

- Shutdown your phone
- Press and hold the volume up and power buttons at the same time
- Release all buttons when get into recovery mode
- Use volume up and down to navigate
- Choose Wipe Cache Partition
- Click power button to confirm
- Click Yes
- Click Reboot

Once rebooted. Try and see if lagging still exists. If yes, you can try downgrade to UI 2.0 then.
Julie-271
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Hi Tallman, 

Thank you for your suggestion. 

I tried your reboot but the lag still persists unfortunately.

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hi. Yes, you can downgrade to OneUI 2.0. After you try Tallman's steps that could help, I'll give you everything you need to do it. And for your follow up, rolling back does not prevent you from getting new updates.
Julie-271
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Hi CHMultimedia,

I tried Tallman's suggestions but my device is still lagging. 

Could you help me with the downgrade? Thank you for your answer to my follow up question.

Galaxy Note
Seriously - I wouldn't waste my time reverting to 2.0 from One UI V2.1 - There's zero lag on my S10+ One UI V2.1 - But I ALWAYS backup my device with Smart Switch & Factory Reset after EVERY Android Version Update!
There's absolutely no reason for you to experience any lag on your device either.
As for Wiping Cache - Sure you can do that & it will likely help - I Wipe the Cache after every Security Patch Update as well....
I would DEFINITELY Factory Reset before I would EVER think of rolling back to a previous Android version!!,
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
When in doubt, wipe system cache to hope it fixes any issue. lmaooo
Julie-271
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Hi Shaggyskunk1BLM, 

Perhaps there is something different between the S10+ and the Note10. I found that the lag problem is common with Note10 users.

0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @Julie-271,

If you have performed wipe cache partition as mentioned by @

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Alright then, let's get you back to 2.0.

I'll get the firmware. In the meantime, backup your data, just to be safe.