Original topic:

Edge Lightning

(Topic created on: 01-23-2021 12:32 AM)
Deevvv
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Edge Lightning+ app support discontinues after the update. It is just a ghost app now with no functionality.

Also, I noticed that my screen awakes from a new notification but doesn't show edge lightning even though I have it enabled from the Brief Pop-up Settings.

Overall, it's just a hard time figuring out the settings overall.
16 Comments
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I'm going to check that app out thanks the new edge lighting with new update is pathetic and sure hope they change it like it was as it was so much better.

unless I'm missing something
the main issue that bugs me is I only want edge lighting for texts messaging and nothing else but still want notifications for everything else
Deevvv
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Try configuring them from the brief-popup settings. not sure if it works or not but worth the try.
0 Likes
IanTOR
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Does Edge Lighting work when your screen is turned off? 

I have notification as Detailed when the screen is on. Is there a way to turn on Edge Lighting on when screen is off? I had this in One UI 2.5. 

0 Likes
Deevvv
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
There is a way. But you would have to enable brief rather than detailed notification. In brief-popup settings, you can enable show even while screen is off.
Unlike earlier, there is no way to keep detailed notification for screen on and the edge lighting wholesale screen is off and I learnt the (very)hard way. You would have to sacrifice Detailed view in order to get the edge lighting while screen is off.
0 Likes
IanTOR
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Ah, that's the catch. Thank you. I suspected this may be the only compromise. I find it unacceptable since things worked out just fine in One UI 2.5. This feels like a downgrade. Cheers
0 Likes
Deevvv
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I totally agree with you honestly. There are just so many of the unnecessary changes made. Can't help it.
0 Likes
kahlua67
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
my S9 was set up so that I only had edge lighting for text msgs..should've stuck to my S9 lol
0 Likes